• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If anyone wants to deal with the bad attitude of the salespeople at Eredi Pisano, They have a bunch of stuff at 50% off. They have a bunch of Castagnia made jackets for about $780-800 ($1595 or so retail), suits also but I did not check the prices, and some unknown make jackets which retail for $750 down to $375. They were Boglioli-ish in look and quality. They have some wonderful pocket squares for $70 a pop, not on sale (neither are any of the ties) and I would have picked up one or two but I just hate having a salesperson hovering over me as I look at stuff. Plus the girl was a real jerk ("is that one of our jackets?, no it's Borrelli. "Oh, you should not have wasted your money on that, we have a better one") so I just walked out but those squares were real nice and I might succumb
frown.gif

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
They have some wonderful pocket squares for $70 a pop, not on sale (neither are any of the ties)

I was in there the other day and was informed that the ties are on sale. I can't remember if it was 50% off if you bought two or just 50% off the second tie. Anyway, there was some deal going on.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I quite liked the 16/20 sale. Better than the one I'd previously attended. Bought two nice shirts, though neither had MOP buttons, I think for $80 they're perfect. I can't tell you how much wear my two 16/20 shirts get, so putting two more in the arsenal made perfect sense. I was tempted to buy a bow-tie for $20 since it was a good price but I didn't know when I'd ever wear it.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
I quite liked the 16/20 sale. Better than the one I'd previously attended. Bought two nice shirts, though neither had MOP buttons, I think for $80 they're perfect. I can't tell you how much wear my two 16/20 shirts get, so putting two more in the arsenal made perfect sense. I was tempted to buy a bow-tie for $20 since it was a good price but I didn't know when I'd ever wear it.

What sort of prices are their suits/sportcoats running for? I heard they had some 38s's left, so I'm tempted to hop on the train and check it out.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
What sort of prices are their suits/sportcoats running for? I heard they had some 38s's left, so I'm tempted to hop on the train and check it out.
IIRC, $200-300 for the sport coats, $600-800 for the suits. All the OTR jackets/suits are fused but they have a few MTM suits (no size tags) that are canvassed - some are finished, some aren't

ziggyosk

Reaction score
there's a sale at Oxxford on 56th and 5th. 50% off most suits. They are clearing inventory for Spring. I looked at a few $3,000 ones marked down to $1,500. I wasn't expecting to buy anything otherwise I would have. A few really beautiful ones.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to the Warehouse sale this morning. Boss, Hickey and Barney's suits, all around $500; one shoe worth speaking about (suede C&J Hallam in 9D
smile.gif
black
frown.gif
)
Nothing to mention in shirts or sportscoats or ties.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The new house label Barneys suits are worth taking a closer look at. A good manufacturer, full canvas, etc. But the fit is a little funny.

I'll have to go over sometime in a week or so. Last sale I visited too many times and only bought on the last day anyway!

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
The new house label Barneys suits are worth taking a closer look at. A good manufacturer, full canvas, etc. But the fit is a little funny.

I'll have to go over sometime in a week or so. Last sale I visited too many times and only bought on the last day anyway!

Caruso, right? I actually love the cut of the old suits...I very much hope they have a few of those red-tagged.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
Went to the Warehouse sale this morning. Boss, Hickey and Barney's suits, all around $500; one shoe worth speaking about (suede C&J Hallam in 9D
smile.gif
black
frown.gif
)
Nothing to mention in shirts or sportscoats or ties.

how much?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$270, IIRC. A little shopworn too, but nothing that a steam wouldn't fix.

newinny

Reaction score
I went this morning, took a look around at the suits. Huge 38S collection which was unusual with one Brioni suit at 1500 dollars (very nice). Overcoats and jackets were all Barney's label but their prices weren't all that great.

Really good prices on pants: Incotex was 200, Burberry was 100, etc. Didn't see much in the shoes but there were a lot of Varvatos, Levi E, and some Acne jeans available. Ties were around 75 bucks. Salespeople were nice.

My purchase list:

1. Hugo Boss Suit - 400
2. Zegna Jeans - 100
3. Theory Wool Pants - 100
4. Two Belts - 40
mwink[1].gif
Herno Jacket - 585

- 10% 'cause I signed up for a Barney's card right there.

Total: $1200

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All junk as usual. Mostly Barneys branded clothing. The rest was crap from Boss, Burberry, and some cheap looking Canalis. The few items that were decent seemed like they'd been through hell and back. I saw the C&J suede loafers, not bad but it wasn't moving enough for me to stay there and wait in line. Also came across a paul smith jacket I already bought from Barneys over christmas and it was cheaper when I bought it. The hoodies from kidrobot were cheaper back then too. I love the crowd too...I swear frummies love this ****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads