• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
So I take it that my thread called "Why **************** so lazy and criminally inclined; an honest debate" wouldn't be popular? I'll have to stick with the one I'm preparing about "Why can't I call faggots; faggots while faggots can call faggots; faggots?"

All this time and I never knew you were Swiss . . .

Joking, lakewolf, joking . . .

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I feel this post is a personal attack on me, but I am taking your message to heart and am not going to report it. This time. But I'm watching you.

t8ri3c.jpg

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
1. Before reporting a post, gauge whether something is appropriate given the general tenor of the forum, not whether you find it personally offensive. For example, today, someone reported posts asking me to take down posts that broke the Commandment to "Not Take the Lord's Name in Vain." Dear member: "You evidently forgot that you were logged into Styleforum, not The 'Evangelical Bible Study forum'". 2. Don't come awhining that you are being picked on when you so very clearly deserve it. No, we do not condone bullying, and when someone goes out of their way to be a dick, I am not hesistant to use the ban-hammer. However, if you invite barbs from a lot of posters, maybe you ought to examine your own online behavior. Here is a pretty good guideline: If it would sound stupid/vain/pretentious in real life, it will come off doubly so over the net. 3. Do not bother reporting trivial crap. Today, someone reported a signature that they said was a personal attack on him. It wasn't. It was a comment on an attack on one of his posts. We are not babysitters. You are by-and-large grown men. Behave as such.
It seems like a good rule of thumb would be think three times before reporting a post, and then if you still think you should report it, think three more times. Repeat as necessary.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
This is war, old man!!!
smack.gif
I've never been so insulted in my life.

Yeah, yeah. See if we ever invite you to the Super Bowl.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Goodbye fashionist. You ignore my requests, you spam up my board, you post pics that are tiny, you aren't interested in discussing things in your own threads, and you can't even give the courtesy of a link back to us.

Good luck.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Goodbye fashionist. You ignore my requests, you spam up my board, you post pics that are tiny, you aren't interested in discussing things in your own threads, and you can't even give the courtesy of a link back to us.

Good luck.

766.gif
770.gif
1950.gif

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
So what do you propose?
Either ban Artisan Fan and get it done with or stop the sporadic enforcement. It's clearly done absolutely nothing to stop that kind of bullshit (from several more people than just AF) for more than a day.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j

Good luck.

Boom!

(That was the sound of the hammer crashing down)

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j

Good luck.

thanks.gif

Thank you J!

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
It seems like a good rule of thumb would be think three times before reporting a post, and then if you still think you should report it, think three more times. Repeat as necessary.

Do people actually report stuff other than spam??? I mean, I've dished out and taken some smack in my day, but I'd never think of whining to a mod about it.

Everybody who has ever reported anything other than spam needs to grow some balls on the double.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Either ban Artisan Fan and get it done with or stop the sporadic enforcement. It's clearly done absolutely nothing to stop that kind of bullshit (from several more people than just AF) for more than a day.

An embargo on AF from posting in the CEsspool would do. Sort of like how amerikajinda isn't allowed to post in girls-related threads.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://styleforum.net/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=11

Take a look at this post here. Looks like someone is trying to draw attention to his thread by posting a million keywords in white to get higher on google or something...
Against the rules? Or just weird and obnoxious?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
An embargo on AF from posting in the CEsspool would do. Sort of like how amerikajinda isn't allowed to post in girls-related threads.

I think AF is the most harmless of the CE posters. Manton's posts are positively Machiavellian, iammatt's are charmingly snarky, but AF is the Fashion TC of politics (and audio): he clearly isn't firing on all cylinders, he parrots (what he thinks is) received wisdom, and he never learns.

It would be like an embargo on me from posting in threads about cats.

In AF's defense, he really does seem like a good-natured person who means no harm. Even if his posts sometimes may be offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads