• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Not that it matters, but I disagree with this decision. Sometimes the best thing about threads like these is the ability to remind yourself of some of the stuff said on SF and to use those reminders as guideposts when reading future threads.

+1. Knowing AF, he would just keep coming back for more. The thread in question should serve as a good source for "posterity" quotes, among other things.

Can't sign in. It gives you a reason.

Speaking from experience?
wow.gif

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matt really has a point. I know a lot of people here are fond of the hands off moderation, Matt included, but this policy of redaction-as-enforcement has given us what, exactly? Is AF and the **** brigade going to stop? Because I see absolutely nothing that has changed in all his time here. These threads do not stop, and simple disappearing this stuff does nothing but encourage things to stay the same. I'm sorry, but what you're doing is not working.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Can't sign in. It gives you a reason.
Hmm, how would you know?

[ ] was watching over Conne's shoulder
[ ] jovan screamed his out in ecstacy one night
[ ] other _____________________

figured I'd save people some time...

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
+1. Knowing AF, he would just keep coming back for more. The thread in question should serve as a good source for "posterity" quotes, among other things.
Hey- you guys voted not to ban him or time him out...There was a poll awhile back...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
this policy of redaction-as-enforcement has given us what, exactly? Is AF and the **** brigade going to stop? Because I see absolutely nothing that has changed in all his time here. These threads do not stop, and simple disappearing this stuff does nothing but encourage things to stay the same.
Let us all not forget that there exist plenty of other threads which have not been squirreled in which Fran has shown himself to be a blinkered holy fool in prey to his prejudices and the blandishments of Olga, Rush and other hucksters' pat poetic persiflage, incapable of reading comprehension or critical thought. These are not attacks, Fran, they are simply statements of fact. If you offer valid counterexamples -- as, say, your other debating opponents have to your assertions -- I will change my statements.

Let's remember that leaving gratuitously offensive threads up as a totem of a member's idiocy can also be interpreted as being representative of a forum itself.

Not enough coffee.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I'm sorry, but what you're doing is not working.

Working? What is our goal, again?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
j, you ARE the most entertaining poster. No contest needed.

srsly

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
j, you ARE the most entertaining poster. No contest needed.

srsly

Wipe the brown stain off your nose!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
So I take it that my thread called "Why **************** so lazy and criminally inclined; an honest debate" wouldn't be popular? I'll have to stick with the one I'm preparing about "Why can't I call faggots; faggots while faggots can call faggots; faggots?"

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
So I take it that my thread called "Why **************** so lazy and criminally inclined; an honest debate" wouldn't be popular? I'll have to stick with the one I'm preparing about "Why can't I call faggots; faggots while faggots can call faggots; faggots?"
The latter sounds a bit gay.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Before reporting a post, gauge whether something is appropriate given the general tenor of the forum, not whether you find it personally offensive. For example, today, someone reported posts asking me to take down posts that broke the Commandment to "Not Take the Lord's Name in Vain." Dear member: "You evidently forgot that you were logged into Styleforum, not The 'Evangelical Bible Study forum'".

2. Don't come awhining that you are being picked on when you so very clearly deserve it. No, we do not condone bullying, and when someone goes out of their way to be a dick, I am not hesistant to use the ban-hammer. However, if you invite barbs from a lot of posters, maybe you ought to examine your own online behavior. Here is a pretty good guideline: If it would sound stupid/vain/pretentious in real life, it will come off doubly so over the net.

3. Do not bother reporting trivial crap. Today, someone reported a signature that they said was a personal attack on him. It wasn't. It was a comment on an attack on one of his posts.

We are not babysitters. You are by-and-large grown men. Behave as such.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
1. Before reporting a post, gauge whether something is appropriate given the general tenor of the forum, not whether you find it personally offensive. For example, today, someone reported posts asking me to take down posts that broke the Commandment to "Not Take the Lord's Name in Vain." Dear member: "You evidently forgot that you were logged into Styleforum, not The 'Evangelical Bible Study forum'".

2. Don't come awhining that you are being picked on when you so very clearly deserve it. No, we do not condone bullying, and when someone goes out of their way to be a dick, I am not hesistant to use the ban-hammer. However, if you invite barbs from a lot of posters, maybe you ought to examine your own online behavior. Here is a pretty good guideline: If it would sound stupid/vain/pretentious in real life, it will come off doubly so over the net.

3. Do not bother reporting trivial crap. Today, someone reported a signature that they said was a personal attack on him. It wasn't. It was a comment on an attack on one of his posts.

We are not babysitters. You are by-and-large grown men. Behave as such.

I feel this post is a personal attack on me, but I am taking your message to heart and am not going to report it. This time. But I'm watching you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads