• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

21st Birthday---- What to drink??

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing you'll be drinking all night: tequila. Try not to mix, but you likely won't have a choice. I wouldn't go with any whiskey/scotch/bourbon on your 1st night out. Do try lots of beer, and the shots will come naturally. Don't think about it, because it won't make a difference. You'll get wasted...really wasted. Just drink, and puke, and drink, and puke--you get the idea. Don't die.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beer is really an acquired taste; I still don't like it.
I'm a whiskey guy myself, on the rocks.
Japanese Whiskey, Scotch, American.. all good - Canadian whiskey is crap imo.. esp. crown royale.

Tequila is GREAT. It goes down so smooth and you don't really feel it until later.

If you want easy to drink hard stuff I'd go Vodka, Tequila and then Whiskey.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
Eat food - greasy food is good, slows absorption of the alcohol.
Drink water - until urine runs clear and drink water throughout the night.

Old adage = beer before liquor, never sicker; liquor before beer, in the clear (takes time for alcohol that you drink to enter your system so start hard and ease up later)

21 drinks is standard on your 21st. So being an Irish bar..

1. Guiness Stout - basically food
2. Martini - not Irish but ya gotta
3. Bushmills - Irish whisky
4. Middleton "
5. Redbreast "
6. Connemara "
7. Jameson "
8. Black Bush "
9. Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout - need some food after all those Irish whiskys
10. Murphys Stout - more stouty food
11,12. Irish car bomb - actually 2 drink equivalents here and by now you're so drunk you're promising to die for Ireland
13. Jaeger bomb - for energy in the second half
14. Vodka Red Bull - to prevent passing out
15,16. Mind Eraser - delicious and 2 drink equivalents
17. Harp - Irish lager, time to switch to beer
18. Murphys - Irish red
19. Smithwicks - Irish ale
20. O'Douls - nonalcoholic because you are at 0.3 BAC, might be Irish
21. Bloody Mary - some rehydration

Feel free to print out this handy guide and take it to the bar.

Damn man, I think someone would be callin the EMTs out before I got to number 4.... and sweet Jesus, I hope before number 6
frown.gif

*Braces self for inevitable gay joke from Edmorel*

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight just reiterated the fact that I still get drunk only after two drinks.
confused.gif

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Damn man, I think someone would be callin the EMTs out before I got to number 4.... and sweet Jesus, I hope before number 6
frown.gif

*Braces self for inevitable gay joke from Edmorel*

Connemara Cask Strength (ca s k not cack)

Taste: A very strong aggressive start with an enormous peat surge in the middle. Then fireworks of aromas explode in your mouth (fruits, spices, pepper, chocolate) uniting with the peat to give a truly complex taste.
Finish: Astonishingly long finish with peat clinging to every crevice in the mouth while remaining sweet and glorious.

Sweet dreams.

Wait, that can't be our boy.

CrocsRock

Reaction score
If it's an Irish pub, see if you can't get your hands on the tried 'n' true car bombs. Like a boilermaker... only yummier and less PC.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a friend like you too. He didn't go out and get sloshed for the first time til a year or two ago at the age of 24 or so. He drank half a handle of gin, said, hmmm I don't feel anything. Then proceeded to a bar where he polished off some long islands. 2 hours later he ended up in the emergency room.

The alcohol WILL hit you, have a beer first. I had 2-3 pints of beer on Friday and I was super hungover yesterday because I never drink anymore, and this is from a guy who used to be able kill a bottle of bourbon on a Tuesday by himself.

Given this is an Irish bar, make you first drink a stout!

WN2

Reaction score
Drink beer. Nothing stronger. Trust me. If you start with GT's and stuff and like them, after a couple you'll start downing them like Coca Cola. And when you're getting drunk and it feels good, you'll think that you'll feel twice that great when you drink double the amount. When you realize that's not going to happen it is way too late.

I started my long and illustrious drinking career with vodka shots. Bad idea. Really bad.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time I got drunk I pounded a glass of vodka at my grandma's house since my parents didn't drink. I was fine for like 30 minutes until I puked all over her house while she slept and pissed all over her bathroom. *sigh*

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Still have 3 days to wait. I shouldn't have posted this thread til today probably, but I guess I jumped the gun a bit.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
good luck

you might find you don't like beer on the first try, some don't.

try wiskey sours, not to girly, but everybody likes them.

I wouldn't try anything too expensive in the wiskey depeartment, it is simply a waste is you don't know what you are drinking yet.

when I first drank, I drank wild turkey and coke - tastes good and packs a punch. wouldn't touch it now, but it is a very good starter drink.

have fun and keep safe

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
good luck

you might find you don't like beer on the first try, some don't.

try wiskey sours, not to girly, but everybody likes them.

I wouldn't try anything too expensive in the wiskey depeartment, it is simply a waste is you don't know what you are drinking yet.

when I first drank, I drank wild turkey and coke - tastes good and packs a punch. wouldn't touch it now, but it is a very good starter drink.

have fun and keep safe

They have wild turkey in israel?

I was drinking this weird 30% israeli vodka for a few weeks... it had a strange taste.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
They have wild turkey in israel? I was drinking this weird 30% israeli vodka for a few weeks... it had a strange taste.
You were tasting the blood of Arab babies.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
First time I ever got smashed I was about 21, living with the current missus. I was doing guiness and vodka shots for as many hours as I can remember. Everything was fine and I walked to the bar's restroom. All of a sudden it felt like someone hit me over the head with a bat. I could barely stand and I start puking in the trash can. I walk out of the bathroom, puke in another trash can. My friends put me in a cab, I barely get home. I manage to stumble in, holding onto the walls, need to run to the bathroom to puke and do a number 2. I was so effed up that I could not even wipe so my wife had to do that. First and last time I was ever truly bombed. Have a good time kwilkinson.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads