• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

21st Birthday---- What to drink??

Musselma

Reaction score
+1 on the eating before you go drinking; my first time drinking was on an empty stomach and I spent 3+ hours in my dorm's bathroom making friends with the toilet bowl

hi-val

Reaction score
Pick a drink and stick with it. If you haven't drank before, you'll have a temptation to try a lot of different things, and that will make you throw up. Drinking will also lower your intelligence against mixing different drinks, so make sure that you stick with having only, say, beer. Especially if you are going to an Irish pub! Try different beers, but don't do a beer, tequila and then Baileys on the rocks.

Drink a bottle of Gatorade, or better, Vitamin Water (make sure it has B vitamins) before you start drinking and again when you are going to go to bed.

Enjoy finding out what you've been missing : )

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What to drink out on your 21st birthday? Whatever you've been drinking out the last three years!
tounge.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wait wait.. I retract my earlier statement. Where the hell is my head? I was sober when I wrote that.

Drink as much as you possibly can get for free, because you only turn 21 once. If you have long hair, tie it back.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smuggle some Wray and Nephew Jamaican Rum into the bar, 1 1/2 pint will do the job and give you a night not to remember.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Irish bar? Guaranteed you'll have an Irish car bomb by the end of the night.

My advice? Just have fun and don't go overboard. Before you go to sleep drink a couple glasses of water and you should be in good shape the next day.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NO NO NO.....

Irish Bar = Guiness!!!

Its tasty, and if you arent used to the volumes associated with a heavy session, the Guiness will help take up volume slowing your consumption of higher strength stuff. And its tasty.

Just make sure you eat something before hitting the bar. Food will help keep the booze from hitting you like a ton of bricks

K

mrpologuy

Reaction score
Congrats. My 21st was great. I hope yours is as well. I would eat a good meal before you head out like the others said. I would stick mostly with beer for the night. An Irish pub will have lots of good choices. Take an aspirin before you head to bed. Have fun!!!!

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
My first time getting drunk I played strip poker (wasn't as fun as it sounds), drank vodka and gatorade, and passed out alone in a ditch. Was awful.

I echo a few other posters. Stick with beer. Your 21st birthday is not the time to be high-falutin'. (Is there such a thing as low-faluting?). Most of your shots will be picked out by other people. Stick with a good beer and save the fine drinking until later on.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
Congrats. My 21st was great. I hope yours is as well. I would eat a good meal before you head out like the others said. I would stick mostly with beer for the night. An Irish pub will have lots of good choices. Take an aspirin before you head to bed. Have fun!!!!

Please don't take aspirin with alcohol!

It increases the body's absorption of alcohol and your risk of gastro-intestinal bleeding. Also plays hell with the liver. Stick with a non-aspirin pain reliever.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
My first time getting drunk I played strip poker (wasn't as fun as it sounds), drank vodka and gatorade, and passed out alone in a ditch.

That's so sad.
frown.gif

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by contactme_11
That's so sad.
frown.gif

Yes, it was, and I've been drinking ever since, trying to erase that memory. My hopes are that KitWilly will have a better experience. It sounds like he's already got the moderation thing down pat, so it should be good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads