• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where Should I Buy A Rolex?

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am looking to purchase a Rolex and was wondering if there were any thoughts on getting the best deal? Thanks

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Best deal on a new Rolex is essentially retail. You might be able to squeeze 10% out of someone for some reason. Rolex is the only watch that I would only buy at an authorized retailer, would not even consider one from anywhere else.

+1
5-10% is all you'll likely get. With a good relationship I never got more than 15% off. Also buy out of state if possible to save sales tax.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say Ross Simon's is a pretty good place to by a Rolex. They are an authorized retailer (never buy from someone who isn't) and you can haggle there. Of course, if you have a relationship and have bought from them in the past, you can get more off, but you should be able to work about 10% off if you've ever bought a car and know the very basics of negotiation.

The other plus is 18 months of no-interest credit... which is free money for 18 months, and given inflation, comes out to another 5%-7% off (given market projections). What can I say, I am that cheap.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston
+1
5-10% is all you'll likely get. With a good relationship I never got more than 15% off. Also buy out of state if possible to save sales tax.

+2.
What Thurston said.

james48

Reaction score
10-15% for a datejust -not sure about other models. if you are near nj i can give you a name that saved me 15% let me know (authorized dealer)

madison avenue

Reaction score
I am not sure where you are from but here in NY if you know the right people you can get anywhere from 15-35% off depending on the type of Rolex that you are buying.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madison avenue
I am not sure where you are from but here in NY if you know the right people you can get anywhere from 15-35% off depending on the type of Rolex that you are buying.

You are correct.

Real Rolex - 5-15% off
Fake Rolex - 35-50% off

ranchsooner

Reaction score
Kurt,

A lot depends on which model you want. Look on the buying and selling forum of TimeZone.com. There can be some good bargains there from reputable sellers, if you do your research. That said, I just bought a GMT from Tivol in KC, and they shipped it to me.

therake

Reaction score
100% it is possible to get 30%+ off of an Authentic Rolex in NYC. If you know anyone in the Diamond district, and that's tough to break into, but I know someone who is getting me a Rolex Air King for around $1500

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I can get one at cost.

BOOYAH!

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I can get one at cost.

BOOYAH!

Unless you're offering to get one for him, how does that info help the OP?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston
how does that info help the OP?

99% of the posts on StyleForum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads