• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Imperial Denim

PAI

Reaction score
those are looking really good! makes me wanna buy a pair or even the dukes instead of nudies again.
inlove.gif
i'm not sure what to do anymore! lol

skunkworks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I didn't "get" him to sell me anything, he was selling a pair of dukes and I bought them.

Then how does the CC chargeback fit into this equation?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
These dukes are kind of interesting- they're made with a much softer selvedge denim than the regular imperials, but I can't be sure about the exact weight. I'm going to try and get some pics up showing the fit, maybe it is normal.

SAM113

Reaction score
Sounds like you didn't get Dukes-
Maybe you got the Shearer.
Kiya's right- samples are often unlike actual production models, for any number of reasons.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sam, these actually don't even sound like the shearer jeans.. I have no idea what he got, the only thing that it MIGHT be is the slightly lighter weight denim Duke sample they made a few of with an off white stitching instead of yellow.
Sell em on eBay for $650 while you can.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Kiya, those are the ones! The stiching isn't yellow, but off-white/tan. I noticed it on the back pockets especially. I will try and get pics soon, all I have now is my webcam. edit: temp webcam pics The fit isn't as bad as I thought the first night- since I was expecting not being able to button them up all the way, or for them not to make it past my Muay Thai thighs at all. I may keep them and just get the waist taken in an inch, and have the legs tapered to a 7 inch opening so they stack better. Also interesting to note, there is no leather tag.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Kiya, those are the ones! The stiching isn't yellow, but off-white/tan. I noticed it on the back pockets especially. I will try and get pics soon, all I have now is my webcam.

edit: temp webcam pics

The fit isn't as bad as I thought the first night- since I was expecting not being able to button them up all the way, or for them not to make it past my Muay Thai thighs at all. I may keep them and just get the waist taken in an inch, and have the legs tapered to a 7 inch opening so they stack better. Also interesting to note, there is no leather tag.

That fit doesn't look bad at all to be honest...

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Introducing the new Imperial Shearer Jeans..
http://www.selfedge.com/2008/02/impe...-new-model.php

More Info, Specs, etc:
In Indigo:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=272
In Black:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=273

Those look really really awesome. The cut of those is just perfect for a skinny jean, imo. They aren't skin tight, but still pretty narrow.

Every pair of Imperial denim I see looks amazing though. I'm almost positive my next pair of denim will be the Imperial Dukes.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Yeah, 12.5 inches @_@

507West

Reaction score
Sam when do you get the first pair of Shearer's... and when are we going to see a CONTEXTxImperial...??

Gotta give Kiya a run for his money, right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics