• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movies that blow

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
the gf and I both fell asleep within 30 mins of Oceans 13. That cant be a good sign.

i thought it was okay, except that when ocean threatens al pacino, you get the impression pacino is a tough guy with lots of muscle around him, but then they go about sabotaging him and pacino is clueless. he does ZERO to defend himself. that was lame.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Bought a pirate copy of The Heartbreak Kid and watched it the other night.

It is movies like this that make piracy OK.

It sucked. Everything about it sucked. Life is too short to watch this movie.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oceans 13 was pretty bad, never finished watching.

Die Hard 4 sucked horribly, except for a couple of funny lines. Probably the worst movie I saw in the last 18 month.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was forced to watch Bratz the other night.

I...I have no words.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I was forced to watch Bratz the other night.

I...I have no words.

How were you forced? Did an army of middle school girls pin you down and make you (sorry to arouse Americankidninja)? What in G-d's name could compel you to do that?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
How were you forced? Did an army of middle school girls pin you down and make you (sorry to arouse Americankidninja)? What in G-d's name could compel you to do that?

Do you really want to know his secrets?
confused.gif

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
juno.

+1 and the other unfortunate **** I was dragged to see in recent weeks: Sweeney Todd and Cloverfield. Oh and 3:10 to Yuma, which I caught on DVD a couple nights ago.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
+1 and the other unfortunate **** I was dragged to see in recent weeks: Sweeney Todd and Cloverfield. Oh and 3:10 to Yuma, which I caught on DVD a couple nights ago.

I rather liked Sweeney Todd. It had a certain...droll feel to it all. I laughed out loud during the vacation sequence. Then again Mrs. T did not like it one bit.

Handlethevibe

Reaction score
Watched Invasion a few nights ago, free rental, so whatever. Still, I didn't think it would be THAT bad. You just get NOTHING out of the movie, I'd loved to have seen what it was originally intended to look like, before the studio brought in The Wachowski marsupials to write in helicopters and car chases.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thought Mrs. T wanted to catch the new Diane Lane flick, Untraceable. So we went.

In retrospect it wasn't completely heinous, but I hated the opening scene, and that spoiled the next 90+ minutes for me. Actually, I hated the dialog, too. Hated the characters, and their lack of development. Hated the atmosphere and cinematography. Hated the obvious lapses in common sense that every character had. And Diane Lane wore too many clothes.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Thought Mrs. T wanted to catch the new Diane Lane flick, Untraceable. So we went.

In retrospect it wasn't completely heinous, but I hated the opening scene, and that spoiled the next 90+ minutes for me. Actually, I hated the dialog, too. Hated the characters, and their lack of development. Hated the atmosphere and cinematography. Hated the obvious lapses in common sense that every character had. And Diane Lane wore too many clothes.

See: Unfaithful. And I wouldn't watch that with Mrs. T.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
See: Unfaithful. And I wouldn't watch that with Mrs. T.

Oh, I did.

Actually, we did.
smile.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas

Hated the obvious lapses in common sense that every character had. .

You mean after someone "hacks" into your car's computer, shuts it off in the middle of a bridge you wouldn't get back in it as well and try to drive off?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics