• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
You are going to need to be more specific as "creepy one" can apply to many.
byebyewhitesamurai edit - damn - just a week. Im going to lobby to have his sentence increased.
Originally Posted by speedster.8
Can I pose a question? How about posters that do so with the sole motive of generating traffic for their own site. Without any forum participation. If they have an agreement with SF for profit sharing it shut up. Otherwise il be more specific. You might even know what im talking about Speed
on the 'just to drive traffic' thing - I dont think anyone minded when the Sartorialist used us in that capacity a few years ago, since it was on topic, it did fuel discussion and so in the end, it was contributing to the board. Of course, when Scott acheived his current dizzying heights and left us behind, some resentment ensued. J's call, but my feeling is if you have something on your site that is on topic, you are open to have it criticised as well as complimented (if you are going to post links to your site, have people criticise it, and then drive us crazy with your Report Post button, then better to not go putting the links up), and you do participate in the conversations, then I have no problem with it.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I, for one, wish douchebo stayed a bit longer.
frown.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I accidentally spaminated him, told J, who reinstated him a few minutes later. That was an hour or so ago, but it should be OK now.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It appears that our MC has once again been banned.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the over/under of # of times Jon hit the report post button/email J to get the whole thing squirelled?

I'll start with 20.
plain.gif

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
It's a shame. Would've been interesting to see who won the Wis v. Dkzzz matchup.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
It's a shame. Would've been interesting to see who won the Wis v. Dkzzz matchup.
Simply making it to the finals is enough. Just ask Tom Brady.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
What's the over/under of # of times Jon hit the report post button/email J to get the whole thing squirelled?

I'll start with 20.
plain.gif

Awww
frown.gif

And it just started to get good!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I should have squirreled it before I left this morning and you idiots wouldn't lay off Soph. I appreciate the hell out of that.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I should have squirreled it before I left this morning and you idiots wouldn't lay off Soph. I appreciate the hell out of that.

+1

Although I do think he took it a little personally as it was obvious people were just tryign to goad him.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I wanted to see what Douchebago used for my Into.
frown.gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek

Although I do think he took it a little personally as it was obvious people were just tryign to goad him.

It's too bad he left but he took it waaaaaay too personall and really shot himself in the foot. He was flying so low on the douchedar and didn't even get that many votes until he started getting upset and calling j a cokehead.

At any rate, if what was really a pretty tame thread ends up squirreled because of someone's inevitably douchey reaction, then there little hope we can ever have a proper douchebag contest here. While most of the nominees were a having a good time, it's sad that a few people seem too insecure to be able to laugh at themselves with a bunch of strangers on the Internet.

So who will take over from douchebo now?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads