• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why I love Indiana

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
It's in the mid 70's here in SoFLA...and while you might be jealous, I would gladly take South / North Carolina weather over South Florida any day.

Jon.

Yeah, I want to live in Charleston someday, that area. I hate the winters here and would hate the summers where you are.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
The cuisine in my town basically consists of beef or chicken that 2 weeks previously you saw walking around your pasture.

My family's comes from the grocery store, lol but we never have fit in too well.

What's show fly pie?

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was stationed in Indiana way back when. Really the nicest people I've ever met anywhere. Just a nice place all around.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's in the mid 70's here in SoFLA...and while you might be jealous, I would gladly take South / North Carolina weather over South Florida any day.

Jon.

There might be good weather in winter, but the downside is that you still have to be in Florida. North Carolina might be a nice place to live.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never been the fly-over states, I find them rather exotic and the simpler life rather appealing and would love to visit someday.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why do you think I'm leaving at the end of this year?

Jon.

Good move. South Florida has always struck me as San Diego, with even less of a soul. Where are you going?

Roland Loden of Germany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
The cuisine in my town basically consists of beef or chicken that 2 weeks previously you saw walking around your pasture.

My family's comes from the grocery store, lol but we never have fit in too well.

What's show fly pie?

Here is a photo of the fly pie looking as a taste of nostalgia for my time spent in Amish pastures. In Germany our desserts are much less sticky and sometimes appearing too formal.

ShooflyPie2.jpg

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roland Loden of Germany
Here is a photo of the fly pie looking as a taste of nostalgia for my time spent in Amish pastures. In Germany our desserts are much less sticky and sometimes appearing too formal.

ShooflyPie2.jpg

That kind of pie is more known for like you said, Amish, and also Southern style cooking.

I don't believe there is any kind of dessert that Indiana is known for specifically, unless you count my homemade cheesecake.

Roland Loden of Germany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson

I don't believe there is any kind of dessert that Indiana is known for specifically, unless you count my homemade cheesecake.

Could I count for you on spending me a slice? In return next Christmas I will mail you a Weihnachtsstollen by Dieter.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roland Loden of Germany
Could I count for you on spending me a slice? In return next Christmas I will mail you a Weihnachtsstollen by Dieter.

laugh.gif
I don't know of any refrigerated mail services that could keep a cheesecake good for the trip.

Isn't Weihnachtsstollen basically fruitcake in the form of bread?

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6d02cd2b08.jpg

Roland-

What is this? Is the entire cheese burger in the can, or only the meat and toppings, or only the meat?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads