• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which subculture has the hottest girls?

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
Sorry but I don't see any difference between me saying that the marilyn monroe wannabe girls are fugly in the same way people will rip on paris hilton and tear into her life. Now, I don't care about either, but that's all it is.

I'm not going to prove like my "mod cred" but I spent the latter part of highschool with people who were really into that culture, I went to the clubs, they were fun, but the most fun people were the dudes or girls who loved the music but didn't have to get into the whole dressing thing. It's cool to love clothes and I have no beef with that but when it starts getting to like the trekky level of adhearance and some people start calling each other fakes and whatever, it's just really ***********.

I have more than enough experience with these scene girls... yea sure a lot of them are bubbly and nice but I'm not attracted to them because frankly I think there's some weird need to belong by becoming that obsessed with some culture and not even being involved in what makes it the way it is (like being in a band or a fashion designer). So, if it's ok for guys here to say that celebrities are fugly and they'd never do anything with them, then it should be ok for me to say that those pictures are below average to average looking girls with cookie cutter hair dos and dresses which do not do them any favors.

While I agree that people forcibly tossing themselves into sub-cultures is kinda' grotesque, what about the average, bleach-blond, overtanned, dime-a-dozen girls? Surely there's something much worse about the need for conformity. And I think you overestimate the level of "scene adherence". I think a lot of people end up in these scenes due to a shared interest in the music, art and culture rather than just waking up one day and deciding to pigeon-hole themselves.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone is involved in a subculture. Even the "squares."

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
While I agree that people forcibly tossing themselves into sub-cultures is kinda' grotesque, what about the average, bleach-blond, overtanned, dime-a-dozen girls? Surely there's something much worse about the need for conformity. And I think you overestimate the level of "scene adherence". I think a lot of people end up in these scenes due to a shared interest in the music, art and culture rather than just waking up one day and deciding to pigeon-hole themselves.

No it's a slow process as you say, and yea the same type of person you refer to is the same way I think. Luckily there's enough normal people in the world who don't feel to be so overt about the need to belong (because we all have it).

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
No it's a slow process as you say, and yea the same type of person you refer to is the same way I think. Luckily there's enough normal people in the world who don't feel to be so overt about the need to belong (because we all have it).

Isn't everyone on SF part of this subculture?

God, does that blow your mind?
Probably not, but oh well.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
let's not forget another subculture with the hottest girls -- beach volleyball players!
inlove.gif
beachvolleyball23hz6.jpg
wmil200563ue1.jpg
ogeyl3430cbbkw4ex2.jpg
captolyvbb11808241914grdv0.jpg
454835777mblyihfsge0bk2.jpg
4.gif
4.gif
4.gif
4.gif
4.gif

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
let's not forget another subculture with the hottest girls -- beach volleyball players!
inlove.gif

This thread was the best I had seen in a long, long time. Get Smart, please save it.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And let's not forget the subculture with the hottest girls by definition -- Victoria Secret Supermodels!
inlove.gif
9ed520e04d76feyr3.jpg
20070804222331756bcf4xd5.jpg
carolinaardohainbikini5vy4.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some soccer players are hot - I guess that counts as a subculture... or should we just combine all the tennis players, pole vaulters, volleyball players, soccer players, field hockey players, etc. into one subculture called "Female Jocks" or "Jockettes"?
34289250bd11by4.jpg
and don't forget swimmers... body surfers... etc.
lisajenkinswallpaper18bef8.jpg

ComboOrgan

Reaction score
The ska scene used to have some very nice looking ladies. They all moved on to the indie scene around the late '90s.

There was nothing like the sight of a pretty young thing in a houndstooth skirt and mary janes.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
inlove.gif

ogeyl3430cbbkw4ex2.jpg

Omg. She is gorgeous.
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
Who was the moron that said blondes were for people that lacked imagination? I think somebody just lacks the heterosexual gene.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Omg. She is gorgeous.
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
Who was the moron that said blondes were for people that lacked imagination? I think somebody just lacks the heterosexual gene.

+1, except there's no way she's actually a beach volleyball player. She's got too nice of a bod (as in feminine and not 100% muscle), so i assume she's just modeling with a ball. Either way, who gives a ****, I'd let her model my one ball anytime she wanted.

Nice cameltoe, as well.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
California is pole vaulting country, especially San Luis Obispo. Pretty much any sport is hot except softball. Pole Vault World Record Holder from Russia, Yelena Isinbayeva
yelena-isinbayeva80401.jpg
Previous World Record Holder from Sacramento area, Stacy Dragila:
900.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
yelena-isinbayeva80401.jpg

Aaaand the answer to that question would be a resounding "no". Allison is teh hot.
blog11811822839b438fhk1.jpg
allisonstokkejpg9fd9a1jw1.jpg
allisonstokke2869a3c3e3rt0.jpg
stokke22222a518d4nb6.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads