• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis Vuitton supports WWE Pro Wrestling?

beasty

Reaction score
OK I got to ask this:

I read LVMH is very protective of their Intellectual Property Rights.
In fact they've got a team of in house lawyers fighting against piracy worldwide.

So I am amazed to see a WWE wrestler putting on the LV logo onto their wrestling tights.

For those who watch WWE wrestling, there is a masked mexican WWE wrestler called Rey Mysterio. For some months now, I have seen him wearing this denim and later light khaki brown mask and long pants. BTW this is not his only rnig attire.

What is unusual about that is that it is full of the same LV logos found on their denim or speedy bags: The "LV", the Star and Diamond.

It is obvious when they show it on close-up on Cable TV, seen by millions around the world.

The wrestler is probably a big LV fan but how does this fit with LV's marketing campaign? Are Latinos in America their next growth market?

Also, I know WWE have their own inhouse seamstress doing ring attires.
So was this done by them? Does LVMH allow others to do that?

They couldn't have bought LV bags, ripped it into pieces and make a pants out of it because I have never seen that light khaki brown bag or anything before by LV. Also the ring attire does not look like patchwork.

So curious minds want to know: Does LV support WWE Pro Wrestling?

velobran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
WWE, Cable TV, millions around the world

Now I really understand the people that say Earth is in trouble.
plain.gif

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by velobran
Now I really understand the people that say Earth is in trouble.
plain.gif

Dont worry its on HDTV now. So everyone can see the moves and the bods clearer now.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Potato
Yeah, noticed Rey's LV get up as well. He talked about it in an article a while ago.

Although I've never seen these rap videos with LVs or Guccis plastered all over, I suppose there wasn't much support from them, but rather a form flattery. The same can be said about Rey Rey.

Hmm, its one thing for gangs to don Adidas and Burberry which were manufactured by the labels. The labels cant do anything about it.

But if you make your own LV or Guccis? I would think the label would take issue especially if it is poorly made, it gives the impression the label is supporting the wrestler or rapper and they want to project and protect their image to sell to the upper crusts.

If not, can I make a crappy Dior Homme shirt full of DH logos and strut around town?

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As for the RAP bling, it is inoficially supported and even paid for by the luxury conglomerates. I am not sure about the wrestling, though. But I guess LV has become so tacky that they might go the "all publicity is good publicity" way...

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stilmacher
As for the RAP bling, it is inoficially supported and even paid for by the luxury conglomerates. I am not sure about the wrestling, though. But I guess LV has become so tacky that they might go the "all publicity is good publicity" way...

At least rappers are filthy rich. Read that one champagne manufacturer wasnt too pleased their product was imbibed by rappers. The rapper interpreted the remark as racist and stopped supporting it.

For wrestlers, they arent exactly fashion forwarders. I dont see many people donning wrestling tights walking the streets when wrestling was red hot. I only see people wearing Stone Cold or nWo T shirts. Wrestlers arent exactly filty rich either.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
They are not supporting it. He is using a knock off fabric.

englanderjk

Reaction score
OK I got to ask this:

I read LVMH is very protective of their Intellectual Property Rights.
In fact they've got a team of in house lawyers fighting against piracy worldwide.

So I am amazed to see a WWE wrestler putting on the LV logo onto their wrestling tights.

For those who watch WWE wrestling, there is a masked mexican WWE wrestler called Rey Mysterio. For some months now, I have seen him wearing this denim and later light khaki brown mask and long pants. BTW this is not his only rnig attire.

What is unusual about that is that it is full of the same LV logos found on their denim or speedy bags: The "LV", the Star and Diamond.

It is obvious when they show it on close-up on Cable TV, seen by millions around the world.

The wrestler is probably a big LV fan but how does this fit with LV's marketing campaign? Are Latinos in America their next growth market?

Also, I know WWE have their own inhouse seamstress doing ring attires.
So was this done by them? Does LVMH allow others to do that?

They couldn't have bought LV bags, ripped it into pieces and make a pants out of it because I have never seen that light khaki brown bag or anything before by LV. Also the ring attire does not look like patchwork.

So curious minds want to know: Does LV support WWE Pro Wrestling?

Fair enough. I got to ask THIS: Is this **** real?...cause I don't think so. You watch professional wrestling and visit the forum. What a broad range of interests.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, its one thing for gangs to don Adidas and Burberry which were manufactured by the labels. The labels cant do anything about it.

But if you make your own LV or Guccis? I would think the label would take issue especially if it is poorly made, it gives the impression the label is supporting the wrestler or rapper and they want to project and protect their image to sell to the upper crusts.

If not, can I make a crappy Dior Homme shirt full of DH logos and strut around town?

I appreciate the jump you made from rappers to gangs (who, apparently, rock Burberry). Nice move.

Anyhow, to your original point, I imagine that the wrestler's clothing is privately made and LVMH has either 1) decided to look away, or 2) demanded some sort of compensation scheme (money, mention of the brand on telecasts, etc). It's also possible that one can go out and buy authentic LV textiles with the logo plastered about. Burberry used to do this.

Also, your grammar skillz make me shudder.

englanderjk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
I appreciate the jump you made from rappers to gangs (who, apparently, rock Burberry). Nice move.

Anyhow, to your original point, I imagine that the wrestler's clothing is privately made and LVMH has either 1) decided to look away, or 2) demanded some sort of compensation scheme (money, mention of the brand on telecasts, etc). It's also possible that one can go out and buy authentic LV textiles with the logo plastered about. Burberry used to do this.

I vote for "decided to look away"...If LV had to consider ignoring this crap or responding (and thereby giving it way more credit than it deserves) I'd go with DENIAL.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
They are not supporting it. He is using a knock off fabric.

All the more he should get sued isnt' it?
At least if he buys from LVMH and cuts it up, LV can say abit but not much but not what he is doing.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by englanderjk
Fair enough. I got to ask THIS: Is this **** real?...cause I don't think so. You watch professional wrestling and visit the forum. What a broad range of interests.

Of course its fake. Even the company admits its fake years ago.
I think only the gullible or naive would believe its real.
Its called willing suspension of disbelief.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff

I think LVMH actively goes after the pirates to destroy the fakes and sue the manufacturer to get compensation.

In this case, the wrestlers dons the attire on TV shown to millions around the world. The damages of being associated with the wrestler, wrestling and WWE would be high. I cannot imagine LVMH turning a blind eye if they do know what is happening.

BTW is my grammar skills better now?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like TNA better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads