• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 08

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for your input. they look really really cool. I especially like the brown one. Haven't handled any EG shirt myself I don't have any references but one binocular shirt on the way so I guess I'll see what I think when it gets here.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Some new Norwegian shorts are up at Steven Alan in khaki and navy.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Wish Steven Alan had better pics. I'd like to see a closeup of the material. Can't justify $160 for shorts though. Rather spend that on another shirt.

Originally Posted by asobu
thanks for your input. they look really really cool. I especially like the brown one. Haven't handled any EG shirt myself I don't have any references but one binocular shirt on the way so I guess I'll see what I think when it gets here.
The binoculars shirt material, IIRC, is a bit lighter and thinner than that of the workshirt. Also, it's shorther and the flat bottom makes it look boxier than the workshirt.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
The binoculars shirt material, IIRC, is a bit lighter and thinner than that of the workshirt. Also, it's shorther and the flat bottom makes it look boxier than the workshirt.
Yeah, the fabric for the binocular shirts are very light.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
tim: you haven't handled the reversed workshirt?

chrono: you've barely started on your goth ninja steez and you're already planning future outfits! maybe it's just me getting older but I'm really getting interested in how to make this work. I figure it's a fine line between clueless and steezy for a novice like me.

haha. I can do two wardrobes. The main thing is, i'm going to need something i can wear when i teach. I might be teaching a high school history class as early as next spring. I don't know if they'd appreciate skinny black jeans tucked into leather boots, fishnet sweaters and a fingerless gloves. Luckily teaching isn't suit and tie every day so i can still fashion it up a bit.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Im starting to plan my future university teacher /old geezer -career look. Im working on the oxford shirts and leather, next step is the cord jacket and cord pants.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wally
Thanks for posting that robin. Anyone know where/how I can purchase one of the waistcoats?
Stockists, according to Angelo (BTW, I put this info on the previous page with the waistcoats pics):

Blue Pin Cord-
Japan only

Grey Pin Cord-
Bloomingdales SCP
Bloomingdales SF
Bloomingdales SOHO
Hejfina
Hollander & Lexar
Ians
MAC
Nitty Gritty (Stockholm, Sweden)
Rosey Jekes

Grey Glen Plaid-
American Rag
August
Boutique U & I
Odin E.Village
Odin Lafayette
The Bureau
The shop at Bluebird
TNT
Thomas I Punkt

Brown Gun Club-
Boutique U & I

Green Gun Club-
Japan Only

Navy Stripe-
American Rag
Bastille
Boutique U & I
Hollander & Lexar
Ians
Jonathan & Olivia (Vancouver)
Lane Crawford (Hong Kong)
Legion
MAC
Made in Europe (Italy)
Start (London)
Steven Alan
The Bureau (Belfast)
The shop at Bluebird (London)
Viwa (Italy)

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
^^Im starting to plan my future university teacher /old geezer -career look. Im working on the oxford shirts and leather, next step is the cord jacket and cord pants.
That's why i don't mind buying some of the items i have now. The forum brands have such high resale value. I like some of the EG look books and styling i've seen, but i'm not as in love with individual pieces as most are. I'd just need to find a look and commit to creating it instead of taking individual cool pieces. Oh well, the little fashion nipper as rye called me lives on for another year at least.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just make those kids love rick owens and julius, man.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
That's why i don't mind buying some of the items i have now. The forum brands have such high resale value. I like some of the EG look books and styling i've seen, but i'm not as in love with individual pieces as most are. I'd just need to find a look and commit to creating it instead of taking individual cool pieces. Oh well, the little fashion nipper as rye called me lives on for another year at least.

The great thing with EG is that it will transition seamlessly from fashion forward outdoorsman today, to stodgy collage lecturer tomorrow. The perfect brand.

I wonder if I should ask my gf to see if the binocular f/w is still on sale in my size...

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where? we're not the same size anyway, haha.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^nittygritty. I picked up the chambray work shirt there last week.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conveyed for Gary: We just returned home from our buying trip in NYC. We visited with EG on Sunday evening and selected some truly amazing things from them for F/W 08. The new fabrics are amazing and there were some new styles added to the collection. The shirts were the least enamoring which surprised me for I have always been excited about them. The sweaters and knitwear were great and the prices were a bit more reasonable than this past seasons.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Conveyed for Gary:
The sweaters and knitwear were great and the prices were a bit more reasonable than this past seasons.
[/I]
Awesome - I was hoping to see more knitwear this next year. The cardigan from 07 ended up being one of my more favorite pieces (unexpectedly, as I hated it at first).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads