• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite vodka?

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer GG mainly because it is the most consistent, moreso than Belvedere IMO. I have a bottle of Hanger One in the freeze, which I got as a gift, but I haven't tried it yet.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmathew
Anyone tried Ciroc vodka, distilled from grapes?

excellent vodka, this is now my new choice over CG, Belv and so forth. Do not get me wrong I would still drink the others, but i find Ciroc to be much smoother.

Liberty Ship

Reaction score
I like Grey Goose, though Costco's house brand is apparently the same thing at half the price. I can't tell the difference. So I drink Costco at home and order Grey Goose when I'm out.

I just saw an advertisement for a brand I had not heard of, though I am entirely familar with its namesake:

http://www.kalashnikovvodka.com/usa/

Has anyone tried this?

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chopin for shots, Ketel 1 for drinks. Both smooth, Chopin packs a little more of a distinctive punch (plus I have a thing for potato vodkas) and the aftertaste is not quite as lingering.
If I'm making mixed drinks for a lot of people, I usually buy some Vikingfjord. An inexpensive potato vodka (that, honestly, most of the people I'm serving couldn't tell from Chopin) that doesn't TASTE like it's cheap. If you're worried about appearances, save your empty bottles of Chopin and funnel the stuff over. Chopin bottles are gorgeous and your guests will never know; it's going in a tall glass with juice and ice and whatnot anyway...

jkennett

Reaction score
Homemade Zubrowka that I get from some of my friends in Poland. Otherwise, if I'm buying vodka I typically just get Smirnoff Black Label and spend the saved money on other things like nice Gin.

Anyone ever have szarlotka (apple pie) mix drinks?!

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liberty Ship
I like Grey Goose, though Costco's house brand is apparently the same thing at half the price. I can't tell the difference. So I drink Costco at home and order Grey Goose when I'm out.

I just saw an advertisement for a brand I had not heard of, though I am entirely familar with its namesake:

http://www.kalashnikovvodka.com/usa/

Has anyone tried this?

costco has a house brand?! LINK PLEASE!

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PHV
Why do both of you prefer Chopin?

I also wonder, GG, Belvedere and Chopin all share remarkably similar packaging.... I wonder if they are at all connected.

Belvedere and Chopin are owned by the same company. Personally I prefer Belvedere; although Goose and Chopin are good as well. For cheaper mixing vodka, Stoli and Sky are just fine.

Jon.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I drink my vodka on the rocks with a lime. Belvedere, hands down. I tried Chopin, but I personally didn't like the taste as much, but I recognize it is a great potato vodka.

Grey Goose might be of higher quality than Smirnoff, Absolut and the like, but it taste like rubbing alcohol taken straight. Take it from the freezer, then you have thick rubbing alcohol. GG is fine if you mix it with soda.

Vodka like "Level 1" appear to be marketing hype like Vox water. Level 1, like GG, taste like rubbing alcohol.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zyr is by far my favorite. Much more smooth than GG, chopin, Bell, Pravada, or anything else I have tried

v0rtex

Reaction score
Hangar One is the nicest straight-sipping vodka I've ever tasted, it's got a distinctive taste but not as overpowering as Grey Goose (which I find syruppy when unmixed).

Stoli's my usual fallback - cheap and excellent quality. Was surprised to find when I moved over here it's considered a cheap/generic brand, in the UK it's a premium drink.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zytnia- Polish Rye Vodka.Wyborowa is pretty good too (potato vodka).
Grey Goose is overmarketed ****, BTW.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a big vodka drinker but keep some Christiania (Potato Vodka) on hand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads