• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LooseChange

Reaction score
IMG_7384.jpg

off to school.

prada shirt.
bench jeans.
vans.
jansport backpack.

laugh.gif
flash blinded me.

ts4them

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
I like it. It's like a sartorial punctuation mark.

definitely- the Leonard looks amazing in those hats. I think he should bring the derby back!

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crush
LooseChange, the internet gets you really excited
tounge.gif

I think more people need to smile in their pictures.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
^^That would make me feel like I was taking a family portrait. Or a high school yearbook photo. Why fake a smile for a bunch of guys on the internet?

Today (for once, no denim):

Closed:

wayw011708walk.jpg

Open:

wayw011708open.jpg

A scarf (I can never remember where I buy most of my scarves)
H&M coat
W+H cardigan
Levis 514 cords
J-shoes boots

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
if you don't mind sharing, where did you buy the udeshi peacoat?
Polite Society in Seattle (one of the best stores in town), who I think have the only wholesale account of Oscar's outside of the UK. They haven't ordered anything new from him in awhile, though I bug them about it constantly. Maybe something will come up for F/W 08...

Originally Posted by stickonatree
and what does this mean?
laugh.gif

It means I spent too much money in 2007.
tongue.gif

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you guys just splash yourselves against a wall, make a zoolander facial pose and then convince a passerby to take a photo?

how exactly does it work?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
how exactly does it work?
Usually we have entire teams of photographers and their staffs running around behind the scenes to take our shots. On occasion though, we'll just use a tripod and the timer function on our cameras.
teacha.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
do you guys just splash yourselves against a wall, make a zoolander facial pose and then convince a passerby to take a photo? how exactly does it work?
It's an incredibly involved process. First, you have to find a stable surface. This is hard, because here in Philly, we exist in a very low-gravity environment. But it's doable. Then, you have to set the timer on your camera. This requires pretty much the equivalent of an engineering post-doc, so if you're thinking of going this route, get ready to hit the books! Then you hit the button. THEN you go for the Zoolander pose.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
^^That would make me feel like I was taking a family portrait. Or a high school yearbook photo. Why fake a smile for a bunch of guys on the internet?
I don't know, I just like to see happy people. I've seen a lot of ads with people smiling where it looked natural. It doesn't have to be like a portrait.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tweed Jacket: Maison Martin Margiela Sweater: Issey Miyake Wool Pants: Yohji Yamamoto Aviators: Dior Homme Pendant: Bvlgari Leather Gloves: Versace Shoes: Berluti tatoues 'cyclist' in Sienna/Black Socks: Pantherella Scent: Gris Clair by Serge Lutens
91782662.jpg

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
I don't know, I just like to see happy people. I've seen a lot of ads with people smiling where it looked natural. It doesn't have to be like a portrait.
I'm happy on the inside. Like a Twinkie, except that instead of creamy filling, I have happiness.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Levis 514 cords
Hey, wait a minute, those aren't jeans. What the **** gives?
Originally Posted by Dedalus
Maybe it's easier for some of us to just take a quick photo of ourselves than stand around and play Sister Maryfuckingsunshine in front of a camera. But hey, let's play devil's advocate:
wayw011708walkcopynf1.jpg
Yeah, Sauce. You look "filled" all right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads