• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Musselma
Anyone play Counterstrike: Source?

Occasionally. I still don't think it feels like Counter-Strike, but the 1.6 community is steadily dying so I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and start playing more Source.

Originally Posted by Brian SD
No More Heroes' only flaw so far that I can see is that it's being pegged as a AAA title for the Wii, when it's really just a lunatic developer's project. Stylistically and graphically it looks amazing.

You know I find myself agreeing with Eurogamer as much as I am with 1Up/EGM. Also, I wouldn't be on a review of NMH coming out of EGM, considering Ubisoft is releasing the American version, and they are blocking EGM from covering any of their materials.

I totally agree with you that it's being put on a plateau it doesn't belong on and, even if it's a great game, there are going to be disappointed folks. And yeah, I figure 1UP will put out a late (as usual) NMH review. Which sucks, because as sad as it is, good EGM scores sell copies.

Originally Posted by mrpologuy
I waiting for the drop date for Wii Fit. It should be out of this world.

I'm excited. I know several people that are "playing" this daily and it seems to be incredibly fun and actually works on your core.

brimley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Beat Heavenly Sword, currently playing Mass Effect. The game is fantastic outside of the repetition in regards to the Mako / random dungeons all have the same maps. This humors me as I used to be able to play old school RPGs (FFVII, Secret of Mana, etc.) wherein you have to kill the same mobs, repeatedly, and it wouldn't bother me.

I played Mass Effect around Christmas and had about the same impression. Phenomenal dialogue, fun combat (although wildly uneven difficulty), and uninspired side content. I started out going for the completionist thing--going to all the systems and doing everything and was mildly into it. Then I just did the main quests and found it to be much more engaging. It's a fairly short game that way (maybe 15 hours) but a great experience.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently Virtual Console releases are being scaled back (hopefully temporarily), as this is the second week in a row with only two releases (and they're both bad to mediocre): Pac-Attack and Riot Zone. UGH! There's soooooo much good stuff that hasn't been released (Castlevania III, EarthBound, Mystical Ninja, Majora's Mask, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, etc.). I'm worried that, instead of introducing new consoles, they're going to try and stretch out releases throughout the console's lifespan. That doesn't bode well for stuff like Majora's Mask, which could be held onto until the next Wii Zelda game arrives.

Oh, and I got my hands on a near-final build of Crayon Physics Deluxe today. Wow...
inlove.gif

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I finished it last night and am now replaying it as a full-blown Renegade. It's hilarious.

I thought the dialogue was great though Shepard probably has the least emotion of all the voice actors. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not but it somewhat lessens the authenticity that would be otherwise reached (Saren/Anderson/Liara, etc.)

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
Apparently Virtual Console releases are being scaled back (hopefully temporarily), as this is the second week in a row with only two releases (and they're both bad to mediocre): Pac-Attack and Riot Zone. UGH! There's soooooo much good stuff that hasn't been released (Castlevania III, EarthBound, Mystical Ninja, Majora's Mask, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, etc.). I'm worried that, instead of introducing new consoles, they're going to try and stretch out releases throughout the console's lifespan. That doesn't bode well for stuff like Majora's Mask, which could be held onto until the next Wii Zelda game arrives.

Oh, and I got my hands on a near-final build of Crayon Physics Deluxe today. Wow...
inlove.gif

I tried that Crayon Physics game on my buddy's compy, it's kind of theuropedic (sp?) playing it.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well my roommates and I just got Rock Band, so I guess I'll see you all in a few months.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As much as I would love to hand out Crayon Physics, the only reason I have a copy is via a deal I made with Petri, the creator, after months of begging. It's not a preview copy but something I've essentially been gifted. The game should be out very, very soon though. and yeah, I agree it's a very relaxing experience. I'm sure you've seen the video. The full game still has the same great music and atmosphere, but you can draw anything. So it's much more of a "game" and less "dropping squares on balls". kwilkinson, I don't have any "inside sauce", I just know that they are on a two Zelda plan for the Wii. You can probably thank Twilight Princess being a GameCube game for getting another Zelda so soon. I also know Aonuma said Twilight Princess was the "ultimate evolution" of the Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time Zelda, so maybe we'll see something completely different.
Originally Posted by dusty
Well my roommates and I just got Rock Band, so I guess I'll see you all in a few months.
laugh.gif
I've been wondering where you were. Edit: Anyone else still playing Desktop Tower Defense? I've become re-addicted and it's ruining all my free time.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
Edit: Anyone else still playing Desktop Tower Defense? I've become re-addicted and it's ruining all my free time.

YES! Saucemaster mentioned this game a long time ago. I've been addicted since. Can't beat hard though, but can rack up a decent score with zero escapees and no cheating on medium.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
YES! Saucemaster mentioned this game a long time ago. I've been addicted since. Can't beat hard though, but can rack up a decent score with zero escapees and no cheating on medium.

I think this calls for a SF DTD "group" (I'm terrible, by the way).
devil.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't you guys ever leave your basements? What a bunch of pasty ass, no ***** getting, losers!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics