• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kick scooter for commuting

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
Please....you have tell me what the "parasol thing" is about.
I think it was lost in The Great Fire of 2006....but my advice on this is to be forever grateful that that thread predates you.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
I think it was lost in The Great Fire of 2006....but my advice on this is to be forever grateful that that thread predates you.
lol....thanks

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You would be straight up ballin-outta-control when you barhop on your kickscoot!

Please post a few actions shots in WAYWT so we can judge said hellaphatness.

Fo realz.
kthxbye

neeonbrowwn

Reaction score
+1 on scooting to bars,

if i gets a strong negative reaction from men, and undertaken with Norrisian confidence.. chicks will eat it up

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would be best if everyone stops encouraging this moment of embarrassment.

We all know this won't end pretty....

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man we used to have so much fun on my cousin's Go-Ped. Until we decided to see who could ride it down the street longer with their eyes closed.

jellywerker

Reaction score
My team likes to use these at away regattas because they fit on planes and save our legs for racing, but seriously, we look marsupialed. It's fun, but you look like an idiot. However, we seem to get away with it since we travel in packs.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MCsommerreid
To say the least.

If you still must, make sure it's not a Razor. You'll look like one of those weird men that can't give up their childhood. We all've seen them, the ones scooting around the park in their helmets, elbow pads, knee pads, and a big goofy smile.

Could it be that some of these big goofy smiles are the results of consumption of illegal substances?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I saw many people (adults) in Berlin and Munich use kick scooters as a means of conveyance. This has rekindled my desire to get one for myself.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
SN,

Yes

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The scooter is a fantastic idea. All the other dudes will be cringing at not having the balls to have started it. If they start after you, they will feel and viewed as copycats.
And walking into a bar with a helmet is a major plus.

I would try to get one with larger wheels than the razor types. Saw some with inflatable tires. Much more forgiving on the TX roads and sidewalks. To stop possible harrasment from TX drivers, write "nuke iran" in tape on your helmet. ( I used to ride a bicycle in TX and had beer cans flung at me from pickups. Also had a cop once pull me over and told to produce my drivers licence. He said I looked suspicious cause he had not seen other people riding bicycles.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads