• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Porsche Cayman S vs. Boxster S?

cam_pearson

Reaction score
boxster with a roof for another 30k here..?

boxster...?

porsche..?

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whallyden
I hate to be that guy in the thread, but...neither

Z4 M Content:

Available in both coupe and vert forms. If you like to rent, BMW is offering some sweetheart lease deals right now:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...0SJhnnjOY1fw==

The Z4 isn't in the same class with either the Boxster or Cayman in terms of handling and balance. No matter what kind of deals their offering on them (because they aren't selling as well as they would like?), that doesn't move the engine just in front of the rear axle.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
The Z4 isn't in the same class with either the Boxster or Cayman in terms of handling and balance. No matter what kind of deals their offering on them (because they aren't selling as well as they would like?), that doesn't move the engine just in front of the rear axle.

Are you serious? Have you driven either the Z4 3.0i or the Z4 M?

cam_pearson

Reaction score
the Z4 M is enough for me to give up women.. I like it's handling, styling, the coupe really turns me on, I love BMW and would choose over Porsche anyday.. the M looks alot better in my opinion, besides, too many Porsche boxters..

Serg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
i'll go against the grain here and say boxster, if only because the cayman is just a poor man's 911, while the boxster has it's own style. i also like the looks of the boxster with the optional removeable hard top.
If you think the cayman is the poor mans 911 then you don't understand the cars enough. Add a LSD, and equivalent tires to the cayman s and it will out handle the similar priced 911 on a any track. The BMW z4m may not have the same handling but it has alot of easy power potential if that is what your looking for.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boxster.

For one it is cheaper. You can always put a hardtop on the Boxster, but you can never open the roof of a Cayman.

Let me put it this way: I'd get more enjoyment driving on a winding road with the top down, the wind in my hair, the smell of the trees around me, the sound of the engine from the outside, the open view all around me, than obsessing about how the coupe version is 1.2 seconds faster around some track I'll probably never go to.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Boxster.

For one it is cheaper. You can always put a hardtop on the Boxster, but you can never open the roof of a Cayman.

Let me put it this way: I'd get more enjoyment driving on a winding road with the top down, the wind in my hair, the smell of the trees around me, the sound of the engine from the outside, the open view all around me, than obsessing about how the coupe version is 1.2 seconds faster around some track I'll probably never go to.

Why spend that kind of money on a sports car if you aren't taking it to the track?

cam_pearson

Reaction score
to be honest.. I don't know much about Porsche, but as far as I can tell, they seem to be purchased by people who can't afford the Carerra, I am by no means an expert, but that's the way I see it also.. In my opinion, I'd rather by a race ready 911 (with free optional roll-cage and fire extinguisher) over a Cayman, just because the Cayman looks so well, gay..

But don't get infuriated, It's just the opinion of a mere pleb!

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cayman is better (unless of course you really really want a convertible).

JB

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cam_pearson
I don't know much about Porsche

You should have stopped there, because you don't know what you're talking about.

--Andre

cam_pearson

Reaction score
I guess so, I should just stick to Italians, I can see where you guys are coming from I guess It does look okay, I owned a GT2 once, it went okay, never going back to Porsche though.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cam_pearson
I guess so, I should just stick to Italians, I can see where you guys are coming from I guess It does look okay, I owned a GT2 once, it went okay, never going back to Porsche though.

Dude: lesson #1 in internet forum surfing: don't join a new forum and start posting that you own Porsches and Ferrari's...because no one is going to believe you (because you actually don't own them).

Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads