• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Color contest: blue. Sponsored by Kent Wang

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In the vein of last summer's trad and pattern contests, Kent Wang will be sponsoring a new series of color contests. Contestants will be judged on best use of a color. This first contest will be an easy color: blue. One can put together outfit made up entirely of blue items, or subtly use other complementary colors, but blue should be the dominant color. The prize is $50 credit from Kent Wang. Post your outfits in this thread. Entries will be accepted until the end of the day (Eastern Time) Sunday, 27 January. A Harris, who won the last pattern contest, will act as an impartial judge and select a number of finalists from these submissions. Then a poll will be opened to all forum members to choose the winner from said finalists. Perhaps a pocket square from Kent Wang will be exactly what you need to complete your outfit for the contest. If you place your order before 21 January, you should receive your square in time for the deadline. We also have a few blue shirts.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
biggrin.gif
Good sales pitch
lol8[1].gif
Best of luck, would love to se some of the nice blue MTO shoes that are floating the forum ...

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who makes your shirts? They look nice from the relatively tiny photos.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1st entry... not dominated by blue but blue is the dominant color
6p50ymq.jpg
6pqy7ns.jpg

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sheeeit! I gotta get me one of those new fangled cameras....
frown.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the picture quality count?
confused.gif

Blue suit, blue shirt, blue tie, blue dial watch on a blue alligator strap
smile.gif

today2.jpg
today4.jpg

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
Best of luck, would love to se some of the nice blue MTO shoes that are floating the forum ...
Doesn't johnapril have a pair?
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
Who makes your shirts? They look nice from the relatively tiny photos.
They are made in Singapore. If you click on the photos, it'll take you to the shirt sales thread, whereupon if you click on the photos there you will get a zoomed in shot.
Originally Posted by edmorel
this contest is screaming for that blue Oxxford jacket.
Considering how many blue ties you have, this contest has your name written all over it.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a coincidence! I'm wearing a blue tie, blue checkered shirt, and blue jacket (and grey flannels) today. I'll try to snap a pic when I get home.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got on these killer thinwale baby blue cords, a navy crewneck cashmere sweater, a nice tiny feint blue/pink/orange checked buttondown....
marchal.gif

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiton coat
Barbera shirt
Charvet tie
Incotex trousers
Kent Wang pocket square & cufflinks
C&J Belgrave

Now imagine them in a pleasing combination of blues.

Do I win?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics