• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Past couple months:
picture024xd9.jpg
picture033cj7.jpg
Also, a few small cheap things. Some new boxers!! My tuition only at UF comes to about $1500 a semester. The state of florida is stupid and won't let the schools raise tuition, which is why UF and other florida state schools are having financial problems lately.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
They paid your tuition for keeping your grades above a 3.0?! Damn, **** payin $4k a semester....I'm movin to Georgia

Yes, but they won't pay $4k. My tuition is more like $1k.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
wings horns grey crewneck as a beater layer for snowboarding (fitted and warm)
black with gold crest/tipping fred perry england polo for 39 bucks
geller olive down vest (one of my best purchases, phenomenally better than the margiela) and a steal at 195 bucks

Man I always come up.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Fashion related...kinda.
I didn't want to jinx myself after the whole online shopping fiasco I had last month; but, I found this great Jil Sander picture online. I got it from a random little vintage photoplace in Kentucky and it is a press photo of Jil and her models from her first collection in 1975.
I just got it back from being framed, which was about 10x what I actually paid for the picture. I picked the metal frame since the material reminded me of that inside the Jil Sander store; but, slightly aged as is the photo. i also liked the tick marks because imagining the grid reminds me of Raf's current work for Jil Sander and also an Agnes Martin's work which is one of Jil's favorite artists.
arty001.jpg

arty002.jpg

sat002.jpg

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chronoaug: Are those black boots Frye?

SoCal: I like this picture a lot. It's an interesting photo by itself and looks great in that frame, but the extra meaning behind it makes it even better. Very nice to say the least.

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I found this great Jil Sander picture online. I got it from a random little vintage photoplace in Kentucky and it is a press photo of Jil and her models from her first collection in 1975.
That's a pretty cool find.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Damn nice pic and frame, industrial and sharp edged just like raf's background.

Boots are $1100 carpe diems.

Also got raf simons redux finally as a gift!

chronoaug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
wings horns grey crewneck as a beater layer for snowboarding (fitted and warm) black with gold crest/tipping fred perry england polo for 39 bucks geller olive down vest (one of my best purchases, phenomenally better than the margiela) and a steal at 195 bucks Man I always come up.
I've been liking the gellar stuff i've been seeing. How is that schneider coat/sweater doing? One of my fav 2-3 pieces from south willard last season. edit: you blew the spot
frown.gif
Anyways, what is the Raf Simons Redux about? I've seen people throw the pic around but don't know. I bought some decent looking dress shoes (the brand Freeman on ebay for $22 and a raf by raf tshirt after the next bracket sale started at barneys
tn_DSCF2342.JPG

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have 3 geller prices and the value is tremendous for the quality. The trilby is alright, the inside out sweatshirt is cool but the vest is sofaking nice. I bought it sight unseen with one of my new york homey's help on sizing and it's perfect.

Haven't worn the schneider yet, I gots too much clothes and not enough time to wear everything.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Reading an interview in which Jil was briefly in NY and took the time to travel about 2 hrs outside of the city to see a show of Agnes Martin's early work A) inspired me to look more into Martin B) fall in love with her work C) set myself up to hopefully buy one of the prints of Japanese paper and D) eventually come across this photo in a random search.

Jufros, I believe the sweater is Cloak as Chorno was wearing it in another thread. Balenciaga and Dior Homme have also had mesh type overlay sweaters in the past season or two.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug

edit: you blew the spot
frown.gif
Anyways, what is the Raf Simons Redux about? I've seen people throw the pic around but don't know.

Raf Simons Redux is a book that celebrates his the 10th year of his label that was done in conjunction for Pitti Uomo a few years ago. Basically a few interviews, pictures, retrospective.

I had to special order it from Barnes & Noble last month...then when I was in there the other week they had 3 copies!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^what he said

Not bad, the brown won't as versatile as black with what you have now thought.

I need to pick up that apc parka and linen bag along with a ton of spring jil.

chronoaug

Reaction score
I'm going to grab a cheap pair of ae park avenues off the bay tomorrow if the auction doesn't get out of control. Something under $30 to hold me over till i feel like investing. I'm in the process of throwing out everything prior to a few months ago. I kind of want to build around the recent purchases i just made with the whole darker/fashiony stuff and then maybe a slightly preppier wardrobe since i'm going to need **** like in the future for jobs, teaching or interviews. That's why i was hoping to find some BoO on sale. I just need to find a money tailor somewhere.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
another London purchase I forgot

Fred Perry waxed cotton harrington. Dark Green w/brown corduroy collar
fredperryharringtonha7.jpg

and last nite picked up stuff I set aside from the Paul Smith pre-pre-presale in LA

-Overdyed Red Ear selvedge jeans

-Dark forest green with grey trim cardigan

this is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads