• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

People who watch The Wire

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
yeah, then it sucks because you have to wait for the last season on demand.

I started watching the show right after S3 ended, and I think I polished off the entire series to that point in about a week and a half straight. Waiting every week for a new episode of S4 was torture. It's already the same way this season.
frown.gif

style from the heartland

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with ANY of the ensemble of actors and their other acting roles? Anyone seen any interviews with any of the actors re: the show?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by style from the heartland
Anyone familiar with ANY of the ensemble of actors and their other acting roles? Anyone seen any interviews with any of the actors re: the show?

MCNulty is in a few movies I think. I've seen him. He's british..it's so weird to hear his accent.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
MCNulty is in a few movies I think. I've seen him. He's british..it's so weird to hear his accent.

He was in 300, actually, which just weirded me out.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idris Elba, who played Stringer Bell, is British as well. He pulled off an American accent pretty well. He was in American Gangster and met a similar end there as he did in The Wire.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frankie Faison, who plays Commissioner Burrell, has been in many movies and television shows, probably most famously as "Barney" (the prison security guard) in Silence of the Lambs.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Idris Elba, who played Stringer Bell, is British as well. He pulled off an American accent pretty well. He was in American Gangster and met a similar end there as he did in The Wire.

That, i did not know. I'll have to rewatch that movie.

stingray3

Reaction score
Lance Reddick, who plays Daniels, has been added to the cast of Lost this season.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is this show killed The Sopranos in its first season in my opinion as far as writing and acting. And it has only gotten better. As far as people complaining that the show is to hard to follow, they don't have to look any farther than the cover of the box of season 1, "Listen Carefully".

After Season three of the Sopranos, it was ****.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
The funny thing is this show killed The Sopranos in its first season in my opinion as far as writing and acting. And it has only gotten better. As far as people complaining that the show is to hard to follow, they don't have to look any farther than the cover of the box of season 1, "Listen Carefully".

After Season three of the Sopranos, it was ****.

It is confusing, but it's better character development. Sopranos is terrible compared to the wire.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Barksdale is hilarious. It's good to see him back if only for a small role.

Snoop still creeps me out. Chris is a vacant mfer, but snoop is just creepy.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Snoop is genuinely intimidating. It probably has something to do with the actress herself growing up on the corners in Baltimore and being put away for second-degree murder at age 14.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Snoop is genuinely intimidating. It probably has something to do with the actress herself growing up on the corners in Baltimore and being put away for second-degree murder at age 14.

Seriously?
crazy.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Seriously?
crazy.gif

Yep. The actor who plays Omar found her at a club in Baltimore, introduced her to Simon and the crew, and they ended up casting her.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads