• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

People who watch The Wire

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was happy to see the return of a great character in episode 2.

Both my brother and I said holy **** at the same time.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
I was happy to see the return of a great character in episode 2.

Both my brother and I said holy **** at the same time.

actually 2 great characters!

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
actually 2 great characters!

******SPOILER TEXT*********

So how fucked up is it that when Avon appeared on screen, I felt like I was seeing an old friend for the first time in a year? It's hard to imagine another show making me feel like a ruthless, murderous dealer in Baltimore is my friend....

Yeah, two episodes in and I can already tell this season's gonna be a heartbreaker. Nothing ever changes.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with Sauce's spoiler text. I thought the actor played the scene (and his subsequent, wordless scene) really well, too.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How he or anyone else from this show has not won a emmy is a ******* crime.

style from the heartland

Reaction score
Anyone find way to pathologically rent Wire episodes? My local blockbuster has season 1 only. I am about to polish this off and must continue my fix chronologically. Anyone renting them from their Blockbuster store, how about online/ Netflix?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by style from the heartland
Anyone find way to pathologically rent Wire episodes? My local blockbuster has season 1 only. I am about to polish this off and must continue my fix chronologically. Anyone renting them from their Blockbuster store, how about online/ Netflix?

Netflix has them. That's how I saw seasons 1-3. I broke down and bought season 4 because Netflix was backlogged.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
How he or anyone else from this show has not won a emmy is a ******* crime.

What's really fucked up, is how many folks that have never seen The Wire
confused.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
confused.gif

I have so many friends I hound about this, and to date only ONE of them has actually watched the series (and now, of course, he loves it). I have literally said to them, "It's the best show in the history of television" (which may be hyperbole, but I know it's the best show *I've* ever seen, so it's true in a way) and they still won't watch it. Some of these friends are people who will regularly download an entire television series (e.g. Alias) and watch it over the course of a couple weekends. But they won't touch The Wire.
confused.gif
frown.gif

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I have so many friends I hound about this, and to date only ONE of them has actually watched the series (and now, of course, he loves it). I have literally said to them, "It's the best show in the history of television" (which may be hyperbole, but I know it's the best show *I've* ever seen, so it's true in a way) and they still won't watch it. Some of these friends are people who will regularly download an entire television series (e.g. Alias) and watch it over the course of a couple weekends. But they won't touch The Wire.
confused.gif
frown.gif

I have the same friends. only one of them got into it, he lives for it now

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
confused.gif

David Simon seems to think everyone is a racist for not watching the show, dismissing it as a gritty cop shoe and walking away. But season 1 IS a gritty cop show, and the damn thing is awfully demanding. I'm convinced it just doesn't work as a tv show, but rather as a movie/miniseries/filmic novel. Episodes on their own, a week apart, are not as rewarding.

Originally Posted by Saucemaster
confused.gif
frown.gif

I don't get this.

Four seasons in four minutes: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWjLquLREJU

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by style from the heartland
I suppose the only way to watch is the way my wife and I are now: One season per week via DVD.

yeah, then it sucks because you have to wait for the last season on demand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads