• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Pic isn't loading for me
It's a picture off of Scott's blog, from the entry " On the Street....Puffer with Bungee, Soho". Blogger doesn't allow pictures to show up under some certain situations that I can't think of at the moment.

The boots are probably Red Wings or Chippewa's.

ny0825

Reaction score
I have always wore sneakers and Converse with jeans and am trying to change to dress shoes. From what I have seen on the streets (and read on this forum) I think brown wingtip brogue shoes would look good with dark (raw) jeans. Can anyone recommend brown wingtip brogue shoes that would look nice? My price range in 300 to 400.

Thanks for your help in advance!!!
smile.gif

Mbogo

Reaction score
What is "slub" and what does "slubby" mean in relation to describing denim?

Thanks!

David

arced

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mbogo

Thanks!

David

I'm no expert on denim (just learning), but I think this youtube video of Pure Blue Japan denim is a pretty good example of what slubby denim is:

pokey07

Reaction score
Quick question about sizing on Nudies. I've read general consensus is to size down 1 on Reg Ralfs, but this is my first pair of raw denim. I used to buy Express Jeans at 32/32 and my waist measures 33. Would it be safe to say I can order the nudies in 32/32? I want the waist to be snug, not too loose(obviously tightness at first is fine). Also, I don't want to cuff them or anything but I'm afraid of the length shrinking too much so should I go with 32/34? Thanks.

rusholme

Reaction score
i've got a newbie question.

are raw black jeans really black?? why do they look so dark blue in the pictures? flash/monitor effect? or is this a denim thing i dont know about? call me dumb, but gimme an answer please.

help a sister out!
thanks

Tippidy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pokey07
Quick question about sizing on Nudies. I've read general consensus is to size down 1 on Reg Ralfs, but this is my first pair of raw denim. I used to buy Express Jeans at 32/32 and my waist measures 33. Would it be safe to say I can order the nudies in 32/32? I want the waist to be snug, not too loose(obviously tightness at first is fine). Also, I don't want to cuff them or anything but I'm afraid of the length shrinking too much so should I go with 32/34? Thanks.

I'd probably get a waist size of 31. My waist measures a 32.5 and I love the fit on my size 30 Regular Ralfs. Inseem length is a personal choice based on how you want your jeans to look/stack, but shrinking shouldn't be a huge worry.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mbogo

physical texture of the denim. PBJs are probably the slubbiest and if you handle a pair in real life, it almost feels like a burlap sack. the material is very 3-dimensional

buttonman

Reaction score
newb question but

are there any stores in california that sell pbj's or samurai's or do i have to order online if i can't travel to japan or ny

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by buttonman
are there any stores in california that sell pbj's or samurai's

Nope. Self Edge stocked Samurai for a short time, but no longer do. PBJ has always been Blue in Green exclusive.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ny0825
No love for my quick question!!!
frown.gif

Are you in NY, as your handle would indicate? Check out any sales going on. Paul Smith and Alden come to mind, for brands that you might want to check out. Also, Zappos and Endless have some nice Tricker's for Ted Baker on sale right now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads