• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

i am in the market for a new (beautiful and sexy) cellphone

momo

Reaction score
Jason,
easy-peasy: the bestest-and-coolest-and-beautifulest-too mobile is the Serene... a fab (cannot actually say practical,though) result of the Samsung+Bang&Olufsen cooperation regards technological highjinks (=Samsung) and museum quality design (= B&O).... in the name of full disclosure though do not take my advise as unadorned for I have been a B&O hugger for more years than I care to admit... from the OldWorld,have appreciated B&O stereo/telephone,etc. and there is nothing out there to even look elsewhere... good luck....
momo

crease

Reaction score
You should checkout the Samsung U600. This thing is so thin it is unbelievable.
samsung-u600-ultra-edition-10-9-ultra-edition-ii-slimmest-slider-phone.jpg

crease

Reaction score
In Canada it'll run you around $300. In the States, where everything is cheaper, I have seen it as low as $210. Here is a good Canadian site to get an idea of what's out there on the market: http://cellphones4cheap.blogspot.com/

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
Now that's a sexy phone.

The super-thin Samsungs look great but the battery life is terrible.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a new phone. Upgraded from my ****** nokia flip phone where the screen blinks every two seconds.

My friend was buying a new plan in Australia from virgin mobile however he did not want a new phone. He just got a new one from dubai a month ago...So i got the nokia 6500 slider for free with his plan...

I like it. I have not liked to many phones. It has nice sleek brushed metal. In australia it was like 6-700 regular price and I think in the usa its like 4-500 if you buy online.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
I just got a new phone. Upgraded from my ****** nokia flip phone where the screen blinks every two seconds.

My friend was buying a new plan in Australia from virgin mobile however he did not want a new phone. He just got a new one from dubai a month ago...So i got the nokia 6500 slider for free with his plan...

I like it. I have not liked to many phones. It has nice sleek brushed metal. In australia it was like 6-700 regular price and I think in the usa its like 4-500 if you buy online.

That nokia 6500 sounds like a cool phone. Too bad I can't get it with a plan in the US. If you ever want to sell it for a reasonable (read: fire sale) price, let me know.
smile.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Still much love for my new World Edition CrackBerry. My one and only ***** is no camera, but with three day battery life (with heavy use) and the email handling capability, there's no real room for complaining.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
www.Wirefly.com

I am with TMobile and am looking for a nice, sleek cellphone (a MAN's cellphone). I have a great deal with them but their phone selection leaves something to be desired. I currently have an older Nokia 6630 (or something).

What cellphone would you guys recommend? I could buy one from another carrier if it can be used with TMobile (iPhone cannot be).

Thanks.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been spoiled by my great razr experiance (though it seems like many here have not).
The metal construction has kept the phone intact while I have watched hinges break and things go wrong with my friends phones (such as a plastic LG the same size as a razr that has finally died completely after many applications of super glue). The glass parts dont scratch either...though my dad cracked his and had to pay like $15 for somebody to stick a new one in. I have had the phone since about august of 2005 and it is only now starting to go. I replaced the battery 1-1.5 years ago so I still get incredible life (I usually end up forgetting to charge it since it is so infrequent...) but the speaker sounds like it is starting to go...

We've been off contract for a while now...but AT&T doesn't really offer any great phone options for renewal (and amazon won't work with a family plan). I'm somewhat torn between what I want in a phone...I love the stripped down moto that was posted earlier (almost bought one off slickdeals last year just to try) but it didnt look so great for texting which I include in my mimimalist phone usage (if it could fit a few more lines of text on the screen it would be great...I don't need color or pictures...just sms).
If amazon would work for family plans, I could get the motorola z9 for free which looks like a solid phone and based on my experiance with the razr would be a good bet. It has too many multimedia crap functions but I could see myself maybe starting to use a mobile web browser now that ctabustracker.com can tell me when a bus is coming...

Since there are no great deals out there right now...I may wait until I have figured out what I am doing after graduation. If I am going to have a blackberry stuffed into my hand, I may go the super-minimal route since I could do something like check the bus schedule on the blackberry's browser.

turboman808

Reaction score
Dam I always just buy the cheapest phones. I break them alot.

I think I got the cheapest phone sprint carries right now. But it is pretty slim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads