• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blu-Ray

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
In any event, all platforms can enjoy the orgasmic double-barreled blast of next-gen bliss that will be Assassin's Creed.
It's about time we agreed on something.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hopkins_student

Wow, .. and I agree with you. Astounding.

There's a (relatively) inexpensive LG Blu-Ray/HD-DVD combo drive out that I purchased for 270. **** you, format wars. Yippee for HTPCs.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
My shame as a Sony fanboy is exposed! Not only was the first Next-Gen console I purchased a WreXbox 360, but I don't even own a 1080p Bravia television! I have a 42" Philips! Are you going to take away my Sony Defense Corps liscence?

How much (if at all) do you think the severe compression of the game to shoehorn it onto the DVD9 Xbox360 disk will affect Assassins Creed?

GTA4 is having serious issues fitting as well I hear.

I have no idea. What was its native development platform? I can't remember if it started out as an exclusive or not. Presumably if it didn't, there should be no problem. But I'm not tech-literate enough to know.

Originally Posted by hopkins_student

See, if we can get console fanboys to get along then surely Shias and Sunnis should be no problem...but I would think that you wouldn't like a game that places you in the shoes of a godless Mahometan assassin exacting bloody vengeance on the righteous Christian warriors in the Holy Land!

Actually, I'm just waiting for someone like Fred Thompson or Lieberman or Tipper Gore to get their hands on the game and declare it a crime against both our children and the American war effort.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
I have no idea. What was its native development platform? I can't remember if it started out as an exclusive or not. Presumably if it didn't, there should be no problem. But I'm not tech-literate enough to know.
I believe that it started out as a PS3 game, but not necessarily an exclusive. They announced its release it for the 360 and a few handheld consoles a few months after it was announced for the PS3. The problem is that they are trying to make the PS3 version and the 360 version identical games, and the 360 media just isn't big enough. They could split it into two disks, but you'd probably be asked to change disks based on what cities you happened to be in at the moment, and that could get annoying very rapidly for 360 owners depending on gameplay- OR they could cut the game down like they did for the handhelds, but I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't be real happy about getting an emasculated PS3 port - OR they could have half the game live on your HDD (but that would force Xbox owners to have an HDD)... so... I guess we'll see what happens.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
This could be the fatal blow to HD DVD as Warner jumps ship to Blu-Ray:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...yao&refer=home

Yes, that should do it.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Earlier this week I picked up a Sony Blu-Ray player at Sam's Club for $277. I just finished watching "The 5th Element" (for the umpteenth time)...But this time it was the Blu-Ray version..... Friggin' Awesome. Since buying the Player I've watched several Blu-Ray movies this week (rented from a nearby Blockbuster "experimental" store that's now carrying a selection of Blu-Ray movies)... The 5th Element was the best looking yet!

I should add that it was especially gorgeous on the new 52" Sony Bravia LCD that we purchased the same night as the Sony Blu-Ray.

2thumbsup.gif

I also tried it out on our 1 yr old, 42" Hitachi Plasma, which still has one of the best looking PQ's of any set I've seen. The Blu-Ray rocked!

Life is good.
wink.gif

Dennis

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Earlier this week I picked up a Sony Blu-Ray player at Sam's Club for $277. I just finished watching "The 5th Element" (for the umpteenth time)...But this time it was the Blu-Ray version..... Friggin' Awesome. Since buying the Player I've watched several Blu-Ray movies this week (rented from a nearby Blockbuster "experimental" store that's now carrying a selection of Blu-Ray movies)... The 5th Element was the best looking yet!
BluRay is awesome. Crystal clear picture.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads