• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 08

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Yeah, I'm really interested to see the other materials/patterns for the binoculars shirt this season. I'm definitely going to have to pick one up this time around.

David,

I do not have pics of this shirt but can tell you that the binocular shirt will be available in White Chambray, Vintage Black Chambray, Blue Plaid Poplin and Orange Plaid Poplin (I think it is the one posted but not sure) Hope this helps.

Gary

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the binocular shirts Gary! White chambray!? I've gotta see that.

Now that the SS08 stuff is out, it's probably okay to post these pics (BTW, these were nabbed from the EG Blog before they were taken down sometime in the summer):

daikime.jpg

I'm guessing that Daiki's wearing the Blue Plaid Poplin Binocular Shirt. Wish I had picked up that black/white floral shirt.

tokudaiki.jpg

Checkout the accessories on the rack. Ties, caps, etc.

olivershow.jpg

fepose.jpg

S/S shirts in the back.

fedaiki.jpg

S/S shirts in various materials in the back. Also, is that a new Upland Vest?

settingup.jpg

Setting up @ Pitti?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those tapered jeans from last season fit amazing.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From the Nepenthes page. I assume by Filson and probably under the S2W8 brand, but from the EG lookbook photoshoot:
Have they been made by Filson in the past? They're good bags regardless, but I wish I could get some of them in smaller dimensions.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think they've been made by Filson and have been under the S2W8 brand in the past. The ones from past seasons have been pretty damn big, so not so practical for my daily use (although I will probably end up getting one someday).

EDIT: Googled it and I can't find anything about Filson doing the EG/S2W8 bags, but for some reason I'm under the impression that they do do it. May have heard it by word of mouth. Dunno.

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
I never knew Filson to make canoe packs. They look more like Duluth Packs or Frost River, but it could be anyone.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just stopped by Ian today and it looks like they'll be getting in their shipment within a few weeks. From what Josh remembered from the order, they'll be getting many shirts (including some of the binocular shirts), many shorts, and several different madras pieces. He didn't have the full list on hand, but there will be more to the shipment.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where is a good place to cop the EG binocular shirts online? I need to add one to the collezioni.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you want to order them online now, then the only option is to buy them from one of the Japanese stockists through a proxy. I don't know if any of the U.S. stockists who have online stores will be carrying them, but the usual places that you'll want to check will be Steven Alan, Stuart and Wright, Hejfina, and Peasant.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will check the stores you mentioned. I do quite like the detailing on some of those EG shirts, and white chambray is quite tempting.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by MAC today and they had just received their first shipment. They had the following:

19th BD Shirt, White ($168)
Inside Out Red Plaid Workshirt ($168, the shirt on the cover of the EG lookbook)
Red Plaid Binoculars Shirt ($168)
Black Slim-fit Jeans
Light Blue Cinch Shorts
Black/White Ministripe Cinch Pants
Light Blue Waistcoat
Dark Navy Stripe Waistcoat

No coats/jackets yet and didn't get the prices for the other stuff.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stopped by MAC today and they had just received their first shipment. They had the following:

19th BD Shirt, White ($168)
Inside Out Red Plaid Workshirt ($168)
Red Plaid Binoculars Shirt ($168)
Black Slim-fit Jeans
Light Blue Cinch Shorts
Black/White Ministripe Cinch Pants
Light Blue Waistcoat
Dark Navy Stripe Waistcoat

No coats/jackets yet and didn't get the prices for the other stuff.

Did you try any of pieces on? How's the fit on them if so?

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried the binoculars shirt on and, like the FW version, was very boxy. I think the width is very similar to the 19th BD and the Workshirts, but the length is shorter than both and straight, giving it that boxy effect. Sleeve length seemed standard too. I may end up picking up the blue version and slimming it down a couple inches. Sorry no pics. Their mirrors are outside of the dressing rooms, out with the clothes, so it's difficult to bust out the camera.

The workshirt fits like last year's SS workshirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads