• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Sugar cookie musk? What the hell is that?

A cookie you kept in your underwear while you rode a vespa for a half hour to your office?

Tom Ford might like that. Who knows, now that you've posted this, he'll start working on his next scent - Vespa cookie crotch.

I don't have a Vespa so I can't say that it's Exactly as you describe, but those are the two main scents I get. Sugar Cookie (or butter cookie), and a light musk scent. It's peculiar but not offensive at all.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's a pretty good description of the HL, Thomas. The Eau de Parfum, which is the same scent, is more intense and has a little more "smut" but still very relaxed and subdued. I like to layer them together for some intensely smutty sugar cookie musk.

As such, I think you've given me an idea for my SOTD (haven't sprayed any on yet!) HL EdC layered with EdP.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The world has righted itself and I'm wearing Antaeus for the first workday of 2008.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fumerie Turque for me today!

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Tom Ford might like that. Who knows, now that you've posted this, he'll start working on his next scent - Vespa cookie crotch.

I don't have a Vespa so I can't say that it's Exactly as you describe, but those are the two main scents I get. Sugar Cookie (or butter cookie), and a light musk scent. It's peculiar but not offensive at all.

Vespa Cookie Crotch - that will sell based on the name alone. I know I would buy it. I doubt I would use it, but I would certainly get a bottle for show.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Vespa Cookie Crotch - that will sell based on the name alone. I know I would buy it. I doubt I would use it, but I would certainly get a bottle for show.

The possibilities for advertising boggle the mind. Especially if Tom Ford runs with it.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Christmas seems to have made me into a (very-minor) scent person; I now have fully 5 different colognes. Today is Prada amber edt, which I didn't like at first but has garnered compliments.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
Christmas seems to have made me into a (very-minor) scent person; I now have fully 5 different colognes. Today is Prada amber edt, which I didn't like at first but has garnered compliments.

It starts with one, and then a backup bottle, and then there's one that the women really like, and this one's just like that one, only better, and then you start thinking - this one for winter, that one for summer, and next thing you know they've multiplied like rabbits.

Anyway, after a cold morning run, I settled on John Varvatos. Actually, I had this one on the brain all morning from first cup of coffee until shaving, so it was kind of a foregone conclusion by the time I opened the drawer.

Omega Man

Reaction score
Parfum d'Empire Fougere Bengale for me today.
The initial blast was a rather harsh (curry, and to a lesser degree at least to my nose, puke....). But once it is gone, the drydown is very pleasant. I usually rotate my scents, but I have been wearing this for a few consecutive days.
Didn't buy a bottle, got it in a 2 X 10ml decant from a fellow in Basenote.
Should give it a try.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing a classic today: Knize Ten

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Another classic today: Hermes Bel Ami.

bought it blind a year ago, really liked it for its peppery spiciness, then got tired of it - too much. Now it's cold all over again, and I like it again. It will do as a decent substitute for Ormonde Man, for the moment...

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Knize Ten and Belami are both favorites of mine and timeless scents. Good choices! Thomas, try Belami again in the heat of summer. You'd think it might be too heavy, but the lemon and sandalwood in it give it a lot of "*****" in the heat.
wink.gif

For me, it's Keiko Mecheri Musc today, one of the driest, softest musk scents I know. Often, musk turns a little sweet/sour combo, but this one is very clean and sheer. As well, it gets better the more active you become (it reacts very well with body heat!)

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Voleur de Roses. It might rain today in L.A!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Pasha de Cartier for an unseasonably warm January day. Yesterday it was 38 degrees outside, today it's more like 68 degrees, and damp like a wet rag. Time to roll out the spring scents and box up the sweaters!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads