• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Lint Brush

Reaction score
The Jay Kos sample sale has lots of boys stuff for the dads/grampas out there. For the men, basket of mostly Gallo socks are $5/pair. Ties are $10 each (I picked up three ties , pair of socks and moss green suede belt w/contrast stitching for $50 total). There are a few cashmere turtlenecks at $50 (from $795), and more cotton and wool sweaters. Shirts are $25, as are the pants (!) (I picked up a blue/green plaid go to hell pair that I rather like, originally $300.)

120 E. 56, Suite 930.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lint Brush
The Jay Kos sample sale has lots of boys stuff for the dads/grampas out there. For the men, basket of mostly Gallo socks are $5/pair. Ties are $10 each (I picked up three ties , pair of socks and moss green suede belt w/contrast stitching for $50 total). There are a few cashmere turtlenecks at $50 (from $795), and more cotton and wool sweaters. Shirts are $25, as are the pants (!) (I picked up a blue/green plaid go to hell pair that I rather like, originally $300.)

120 E. 56, Suite 930.

Will some kind SF be willing to pick up say 5 - 10 pairs of the gallo socks for me. Colourful ones will be much appreciated. I no longer live near NY.

Thanks

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is the sale on tommorow too?

thanks

Lint Brush

Reaction score
Here's the blurb:
Jay Kos
January 2-11 M-F 9:30-5
120 East 56 Street Suite 930
(Park-Lexington Avenues)
Please call to announce your arrival.
Mens and Boys Clothing and Accessories
Sample & stock sale. Jay Kos, provider of the finest in European male clothing, offers a rare sale of his Anglo-Italian preppy style. Boy's clothing ranges from ages 1 to 16, from Italian polos and Scottish knits to English shoes and caps. Huge discounts on all items; up to 85 percent off. Items include shirts, polos, tees, sweaters, vests, coats, fedoras and caps, pants, socks, ties and belts. Appointments are not necessary, however, it is appreciated that you call prior to arrival!

It's cash only--good shirt selection for 15 and 15.5, btw.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oscarthewild
is the sale on tommorow too?

thanks

Pretty much all of the men's stuff is gone unless you are a size 38-46 in pants (38 only a few cords, maybe a wool pant or two) and shirts if you are a size 15. Socks are down to those big thick hunting wool socks. Ties there are a lot of, but they are thrown in a box and you really have to want one to go through that mess. If you have a son, there is a ton of stuff and that is what I mostly purchased. Also those surcingle belts that I despise, a boxload of that. Some wool sweaters for those that are borderline big boy/small man size (32-36). I did pick up a pair of size 36 oatmeal tweed Valentini's but I might keep those and have them tailored to fit and also a pair of grey wool flat front size 32 pants (last pair) that I'll put on the B/S at cost ($25) plus shipping/paypal.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Pretty much all of the men's stuff is gone unless you are a size 38-46 in pants (38 only a few cords, maybe a wool pant or two) and shirts if you are a size 15. Socks are down to those big thick hunting wool socks. Ties there are a lot of, but they are thrown in a box and you really have to want one to go through that mess. If you have a son, there is a ton of stuff and that is what I mostly purchased. Also those surcingle belts that I despise, a boxload of that. Some wool sweaters for those that are borderline big boy/small man size (32-36). I did pick up a pair of size 36 oatmeal tweed Valentini's but I might keep those and have them tailored to fit and also a pair of grey wool flat front size 32 pants (last pair) that I'll put on the B/S at cost ($25) plus shipping/paypal.

Any hats/caps?

halpap

Reaction score
Kos had hats (battered felts) in small sizes and large. I didn't see any between 71/8 and 71/2.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr. magoo
The amazing thing is that the Chicago PS is the opposite...... Literally, left alone as there was no one else on the floor.

That's an aberration as the Chicago store has the identical modus operandi as the NYC store.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally made it PS NYC.
The 'sale' is a joke.
I did get a navy blazer though.
Service was suprisingly efficient.
I should add that I was in a rush and didn't waste time with browsing or chit-chat.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
C21 has moved a bunch of Battistoni, Holliday & Brown and David Chu ties on to the clearance racks. $25 a pop....

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
C21 has moved a bunch of Battistoni, Holliday & Brown and David Chu ties on to the clearance racks. $25 a pop....

WIth the exception of the striped ones, I'd say about 3/4 of the H&B ties have pulls, stains, etc. With these on clearance, I wonder if they're oging to replenish the regular racks (I sorely hope they do).

Also, re: Jay Kos, be careful w/ the shirts. Some of them have been sitting folded for a long while it seems like and have developed stains (almost rust colored) along the fold creases. I'm going to wash one of the shirts I picked up in hopes that I can get it out, but who knows.

Alphadave

Reaction score
Went to the Jay Kos sale today. Most trousers were either 34 or 42-44. Most hats were small (55cm). A couple (as in 2) size 17 stripey shirts, nothing bigger. Lots of boys stuff for $25, if you happen to have one.

She said they may get more stock next week.

trajan

Reaction score
When is the Paul Stuart sale this year? Was there one in December?

--trajan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads