• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
I can't personally comment on Iberia but a friend of mine who flew them from Washington to Madrid said they were very good. JB
Are there partnerships between foreign and US airlines? I flew Delta to Italy and we stopped off in NY to get on Alitalia, but I remember when booking that other carriers connected with Lufthansa, etc.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Are there partnerships between foreign and US airlines? I flew Delta to Italy and we stopped off in NY to get on Alitalia, but I remember when booking that other carriers connected with Lufthansa, etc.
I flew Lufthansa to Italy (stopped in Munich first) and it was a very nice flight. They gave me two scotches with my dinner and a nice cognac afterwards, so I was pleased.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I flew Lufthansa to Italy (stopped in Munich first) and it was a very nice flight. They gave me two scotches with my dinner and a nice cognac afterwards, so I was pleased.

I flew United (I think) to Toronto from SF and they didn't give a meal!, you had to pay cash for some day old subway sandwiches
plain.gif
Are flights outside the continent like this too?
plain.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I probably flew a very similar flight as you Conne. I went SF to Munich on Lufthansa and then Munich to Florence. I really, really like Lufthansa (I want to buy the Lufthansa Cargo Sinn watch) and the Munich airport is great. My favorite part on the short flight from Munich to Florence was this HUGE (think Amazon no fat) stewardess in a heavy accent and deep voice "HhhAM!? Orh CHEEZE?" I was a bit perturbed that First got the same thing as Economy...but, then we got ice cream and they didn't.
smile.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I probably flew a very similar flight as you Conne. I went SF to Munich on Lufthansa and then Munich to Florence. I really, really like Lufthansa (I want to buy the Lufthansa Cargo Sinn watch) and the Munich airport is great. My favorite part on the short flight from Munich to Florence was this HUGE (think Amazon no fat) stewardess in a heavy accent and deep voice "HhhAM!? Orh CHEEZE?" I was a bit perturbed that First got the same thing as Economy...but, then we got ice cream and they didn't.
smile.gif

yeah, the stewardesses I had were GIGANTIC. Really hot, though.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I apparently decided to drink a bottle of tequila last night. I woke up in all my clothes. I'm not feeling too great today.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I apparently decided to drink a bottle of tequila last night. I woke up in all my clothes. I'm not feeling too great today.
I'm proud of you.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j

It's good that you clarified this, some of us (mentioning no names
confused.gif
) haven't been so lucky.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I did take my peacoat off. It was next to my bed. Everything else persisted through the night. I came out at some point this morning wearing my robe and realized there was no reason to have put it on as I still had a dress shirt, jeans, and my shoes on.

Hugo

Reaction score
That I feel sick, have tooth-ache (!?) and can't decide if I am going to the gym today or not.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there's 3 main alliances out there. Usually the airlines in each one will part up with tickets, airport gates, flight slots, etc and allow you to book on their partner airlines off their website.

Oneworld- American, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN Chile, Malev, Qantas, Royal Jordanian

Skyteam- Aeroflot, Aeromexico, Air France, Alitalia, China Southern, Continental, Czech, Delta, KLM, Korean Air, Northwest

Star Alliance- Air Canada, Air China, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana, Austrian, BMI, LOT Polish, Lufthansa, SAS, Shanghai, Singapore, South African, Spanair, Swiss, TAP Portugal, Thai, United, USAirways

JB

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fact that I woke up with a giant lump (visible) in my neck under my jaw and I can't get a doctors appointment until next week.

So I'm sitting here thinking:

cancer
cancer
cancer
death
funeral
cancer
cancer

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arnach
The fact that I woke up with a giant lump (visible) in my neck under my jaw and I can't get a doctors appointment until next week.

So I'm sitting here thinking:

cancer
cancer
cancer
death
funeral
cancer
cancer

If it just appeared overnight, I really doubt it's cancer. Probably just an infection causing the lymph node to swell.

I'm pretty pissed at the recent spammer - www.livetrading or whatever.com. Also dislike the anxiety I feel whenever relationships are going well. Really second-guess things and always lose about ten to fifteen pounds over the first few months.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pissed (though far from surprised) that the same people who are defaulting on their subprime mortgages are now defaulting on their credit card bills. I have a nice upper middle class job. I purchased a home that was well within my buying power with a standard fixed rate mortgage. I pay all my credit cards off at the end of each month. I don't live extravagantly, but my family has a nice life.

Now, I firmly believe that many of the subprime mortgage holders were taken advantage of by shady mortgage brokers, but the mortgage holders have to bear a lion's share of the responsibility for this. How come a bunch of idiots have to screw it up for the rest of us?! Do you really need that 1,000 inch plasma tv? You had to have a Mercedes? You couldn't get by on a Chevy? Your family of four had to have a 6,000 square foot home? To top it all off, the government is going to bail them out! Arghh...

I'm also pissed at my sister-in-law's husband. For Christmas, I bought him a nice rugby shirt off a website. He is a little shorter and a little less broad than me. I have purchased rugby shirts from the same company, and take a size large. Thus, I knew his size would also be a large. He took one look at the shirt, said he liked it, but said he needed an extra large and would I mind exchanging it? Because it was an online purchase from a more obscure company, I have no problem making an exchange if there was truly a problem. Hiowever, how in the hell do you know something won't fit you without trying it on (or even unfolding it)???!!! Of course, I am making the exchange. I guess the ultimate joke will be on him when he walks around in a shirt that looks like a serape with sleeves.

Why does every guy over 5'10" think he's an extra large??? Sorry, pal, but you're not an NFL linebacker. There's no shame in being a large, or even a medium.

For the one or two people who have read this far, thanks. This felt good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads