• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott does the Belstaff Panther

CDC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
I find it funny that a forum so in love with antiqued shoes is knocking Soph's jacket
smile.gif

I've honestly never seen antiqued/distressed/faux-worn anything that I could tolerate. Having said that though, it's not the principle; if I found something that looked authentic, I'd be down. Distressed denim was somewhat interesting back in '02, even if it looked slightly off. It's such a ubiquitous, tired trend now, it has to look utterly authentic or it just looks like it's desperately holding on to an irritating, out of date trend.

mw_000

Reaction score
i do think the belstaff looks better. This one looks a lot thicker?

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
I find it funny that a forum so in love with antiqued shoes is knocking Soph's jacket
smile.gif

Ha!!! Next we'll be yelling at him for obsessing about the details.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the distressing, but I would wear this jacket for day wear in some rough spots. It's not far off from what Belstaff actually does either. It's the marks I don't care for. The Belstaff antiquing is better imo. Everything else is very similar or the same about the jackets.

CodeRed

Reaction score
Would it be possible to put brown polish on any distressing that is too...distressed?or would the water sealant prevent that? It might look even better that way.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CodeRed
Would it be possible to put brown polish on any distressing that is too...distressed?or would the water sealant prevent that? It might look even better that way.

Yes A Harris and I both had that same idea. You could definitly play with it. And I could see where some would like the marks, just not me. My issue is I would have to do nothing with a Belstaff in dark brown as it's perfect as is. The pricing of Belstaff however at retail is ridiculous.

CodeRed

Reaction score
I have a hard time paying 5x the price for slightly better quality, on sale it seems pretty compeling. Thx.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, for the price its hard to beat. Its not like its the type of jacket your going to wear to dinner or work anyways. If some chick asks just tell her you dumped your Ducati, Agusta, etc. while wearing it and thats why it looks the way it does. Use the money your saving to go toward such bike.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
The wrinkling bothers me more than the distressing. How does it look on? Seems like it might be much better looking on a body than laying on a cloth or sitting on a hanger.

CodeRed

Reaction score
The other thing is that at that price it doesnt really matter that much if it gets lost, dirty etc. If I paid $1700 for it, I would be concerned tha something might happen to it, it would disappear at a restaurant, so it wouldnt be as enjoyable to use.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gforce
Yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any info on sizing?

Slim fitting just like the Belstaff. I wear a 42r to 43 and a Large fits ideally.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not my thing, at all.
frown.gif

Now this, on the other hand....
inlove.gif

gforce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
Slim fitting just like the Belstaff. I wear a 42r to 43 and a Large fits ideally.
Thank you!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads