• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel for you. I lent an import cd that was (at the time) not available in the states to a woman I wasn seeing briefly. She never NEVER managed to return it to me or pay me the roughly $30 to buy another. NEVER. That only scratched the surface of her completely inconsiderate and rude nature.

b

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
So, I let a girl borrow a DVD. The Criterion Collection version of La Jetee, my favorite film ever. She has it for two weeks. She doesn't watch it. Another girl asks me if she can borrow it. This girl is much cuter, so I try to get the DVD away from the other girl. She has it for two more weeks, doesn't watch it and returns it to me today with the case all fucked up. The spine looks like someone chewed on it. I'll admit I'm a little OCD about my possessions but, what the ****? For some reason people in my age group do not give a **** about items that belong to other people. This always happens when I loan stuff to someone: it takes weeks or months to get it back (because said person is, "really busy", with what I don't know), it's returned fucked up or its lost altogether. UGGGGGH
Most people our age DON'T give a **** about ******* up someone else's stuff. When I was in college I had a guest of a roommate knock over a (not cheap) wine glass and say "Oops, sorry!" and continue her conversation (she was not there for a dinner party, nor were we drinking wine). If I had done that, I would have had my wallet out before the glass was cleaned up if not offered to drive to store and replace the exact item. 20-somethings often have the WORST manners.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
I feel for you. I lent an import cd that was (at the time) not available in the states to a woman I wasn seeing briefly. She never NEVER managed to return it to me or pay me the roughly $30 to buy another. NEVER. That only scratched the surface of her completely inconsiderate and rude nature.

b

That is ****.

Originally Posted by Brian278
Most people our age DON'T give a **** about ******* up someone else's stuff. When I was in college I had a guest of a roommate knock over a (not cheap) wine glass and say "Oops, sorry!" (she was not there for a dinner party). If I had done that, I would have had my wallet out before the glass was cleaned up if not offered to drive to store and replace the exact item. 20-somethings often have the WORST manners.

So is this.

Glad to see it's not me being a materialistic douchebag. I don't obsess over stuff, but coming from a lower-middle-class background and working ****** off for everything, I do value and take care of what I have. Sometimes I think it's just me being crazy, as I could loan out a book for a day and have it returned with the dust jacket missing, borrower thinking nothing of it.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To mitigate the effect of such losses, make digital backups of your media.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I borrow something it comes back in better condition than when I borrowed it. I let a friend borrow a $250 textbook for a class cuz he was too cheap to buy it and I had already taken it. Came back with a page torn out and I freaked out and he kinda looked at me like I was crazy.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When employees at Saks, Nordstrom, etc tell me to "hold up bro".

fortune

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector

Haha. Nordstrom, what dept? I'm sure my mom would love to hear that one (HR manager of the Portland store).

fortune

Reaction score
Lol I'm sorry for your encounter. I loved working at Nordstrom and I know they take pride on their employees service. Was it busy? Floater cashiers are not uncommon so maybe the employee just wasn't used to the manerisims of someone in womens shoes vs something like the rail or bp.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have reached the point in my life when that sort of service immediately results in my asking to speak to their manager. And if it happens at Nordstrom, my complaint to the manager will be liberally sprinkled with "I grew up shopping at Nordstrom in Seattle, and in Seattle...." which should serve to shame the manager. I'm certainly not above threatening to write to corporate headquarters over such behavior.

b

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
I have reached the point in my life when that sort of service immediately results in my asking to speak to their manager. And if it happens at Nordstrom, my complaint to the manager will be liberally sprinkled with "I grew up shopping at Nordstrom in Seattle, and in Seattle...." which should serve to shame the manager. I'm certainly not above threatening to write to corporate headquarters over such behavior. b
Wow, that is hardcore these days. I think in Sacramento I'd get beat up. I think I'd rather write to HQ than raise a fuss in person, unless it happened time and time again.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is hardcore these days. I think in Sacramento I'd get beat up. I think I'd rather write to HQ than raise a fuss in person, unless it happened time and time again.
Yeah, wow. I personally don't do anything unless I feel like speaking to a manager might mitigate the poor service in some way. It just seems like a waste of time to complain about someone using an inappropriate colloquialism when I'm just trying to buy whatever and get out of there, much less go to the trouble of composing a letter to corporate HQ (it's also uncomfortably close behavior to that of certain snooty curmudgeons' rants in the Social forum). Now if the my grievance is particularly justified and it has caused me significant inconvenience and complaining might get me a discount/expedited service/free upgrade etc. then I might go to the trouble. But in general I wouldn't feel good being that guy who didn't get lemon with his water after he asked twice and calls the manager over to tell him how lousy his waitress is.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must say that it did cheapen my whole experience there. One of the reasons I go to this one is because it is one of the nicest places in the city to shop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads