• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 08

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Engineered Garments Spring Summer 08 collection is up! http://engineeredgarments.com/ There are some nice shots of what looks like the Andover suit in cotton (now with a vest, or if you want, a work apron
tongue.gif
), some nicely cut shorts, and several good looking jackets. I can't say that I'm a fan of that trench though.

bene

Reaction score
I like this collection, but it seems they are doing fewer pieces with every collection. Especially I was hoping for more outerwear and shirts. Let's see what eventually materialises.

I got to get these shoes: 2nd picture of the series, right side. Looking not actually spectacular, but exactly the kind of shoe I imagined to wear.

Anyone got any idea what these could be?

Thanks

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im pretty dissapointed. Most of the pieces seems very bland, basic and "safe".

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bene
I like this collection, but it seems they are doing fewer pieces with every collection. Especially I was hoping for more outerwear and shirts. Let's see what eventually materialises.

I got to get these shoes: 2nd picture of the series, right side. Looking not actually spectacular, but exactly the kind of shoe I imagined to wear.

Anyone got any idea what these could be?

Thanks

The shoes look like dark brown or black bucks, and look to be of the same type as the white bucks in the other pictures. As for the lookbook pieces, I imagine they'd want to show off the stuff that will most likely be ordered by stockists and there's always lots more that shows up by the time everything hits stores. Their showroom has a bunch more pieces that we've never seen before either, according to the people that have visited it.

Also, I just remembered what that damn trench coat picture reminded me of: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...33913274294945

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
Im pretty dissapointed. Most of the pieces seems very bland, basic and "safe".

"Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 08"

I think it's pretty much less of the same. Where are the great shirts?
plain.gif

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is one of those brands whose appeal i didnt get, when reading SF.

None of their items look any good to me.

Is it their functionality or quality that you like, or do we just have different tastes?

bene

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
The shoes look like dark brown or black bucks, and look to be of the same type as the white bucks in the other pictures. As for the lookbook pieces, I imagine they'd want to show off the stuff that will most likely be ordered by stockists and there's always lots more that shows up by the time everything hits stores. Their showroom has a bunch more pieces that we've never seen before either, according to the people that have visited it. Also, I just remembered what that damn trench coat picture reminded me of: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...33913274294945
yeah trench coats have a high symbol value don't they...it's very hard to make them look natural and not somehow awkward, especially on people under 30. ..about the shoes ... "bucks"...? I reckon you mean the style of shoe by that, not a brand name. What do you think is the brand of these...I like the colourway with the contrasting sole and upper material. Maybe it's Russell Mocc again... Please enlighten me... Thanks

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bene
..about the shoes ... "bucks"...? I reckon you mean the style of shoe by that, not a brand name. What do you think is the brand of these...I like the colourway with the contrasting sole and upper material. Maybe it's Russell Mocc again...
Correct, they're more of a nick name for suede bluchers, usually with rubber soles. Here's an example: http://stores.channeladvisor.com/gra...Items/129072-p

Is it their functionality or quality that you like, or do we just have different tastes?
Both functionality and quality, and yes to probably just having different tastes.

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the fit of the items in the lookbook don't look very flattering. IMO the f/w season was just scraping by with the intentional antifit silhouettes of their coats and whatnot, but for s/s 08 instead of intentional antifit, workwear thing it instead just looks unintentional and bordering on"totally clueless". If you check the pictures posted, it makes what looks like a normal, fit guy look like / \\ instead of \\ /

I am hoping for some unexpectedly cool shirts or something, though. at retail though there are probably better things for my money this spring

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
If you check the pictures posted, it makes what looks like a normal, fit guy look like / \\ instead of \\ /

I'm not sure that's a "normal, fit guy" to begin with, at least by industry's standards. Anti-fit clothing looks much more flattering on a lean or tall specimen IHMO. What's worse, dude does not seem to have much of that workwear or just "cool guy" vibe; horrible choice of model all around.
frown.gif

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is possible that they choose an unfit fat guy to model their spring and summer line, although I don't think that would make much marketing sense. By fit, perhaps I rather meant normal and proportional by today's standards. Definitely not by industry standards, but in ok shape of good BMI or whatever the standard is... I think the gigantic antifit of all of the pants above the knee and the fact that he compounds this problem by placing his hands in his pockets made for a very unflattering photoshoot on already admittedly unflattering clothes.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like the binoculars shirt, grey striped hoodie/shawl pullover, gorgeous shade of blue on the fisherman's jacket, pattern on the grey shirt underneath the grey madras bedford, and the engineer's jacket.

The lookbook seems pretty ho-hum this time around, but, as always, everything's probably going to come out in several different materials and a lot of their classic pieces will show up in new materials/patterns that aren't in the lookbook.

Reaction score
^ Who would have thought the binocular shirt would be such a success, both in terms of design and popularity. In fact, I'm wearing the F/W one right now...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads