• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I'll post some pics tomorrow....

BTW why is leather ok but fur bad? animal cruelty and the related ethics is pretty much a blind spot for me so I really have no idea...

Well, here's a swiss documentary from a chinese fur farm where the fur went to collars on cheap counterfeit jackets that's quite provoking to say the least. Definitely NSFW: video

I would think that high end designers don't source leathers and fur from such farms though, but I would never ever purchase cheap 'made in China' leather/fur anything. A lot of designers, Prada comes to mind, have even moved away from using real furs altogether.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Hey **** you ****** I went to 3 stores in Manhattan that all said they had 1 in stock and then had to special order it.

For me:
Jil Sander grey wool multi-seam jacket (ignore the Gucci hanger)
hohoho001.jpg

Jil Sander 70/30 cashmere/silk zip up grey hoodie new from S/S 08 very light and thin
Jil Sander 50/50 cashmere/silk charcoal and grey line turtleneck
hohoho002.jpg

Christmas Presents for the Boyfriend:
Le Labo cologne
hohoho003.jpg

Martin Margiela black tee with metallic gold squares
Dries van Noten black vneck with glitter 5
hohoho004.jpg

Prada cotton/poly color block sweater
hohoho005.jpg

Alexander McQueen wool and silk lapel vest
hohoho006.jpg

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
*****!! To stay on topic: Rick Owens lambs leather rider with removable fox fur collar.
I love that oversized fur collar. For the fur detractors: What do you think of my fur? It's Colobus Monkey skin.
legros.jpg

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Hey **** you ****** I went to 3 stores in Manhattan that all said they had 1 in stock and then had to special order it.

For me:
Jil Sander grey wool multi-seam jacket (ignore the Gucci hanger)
hohoho001.jpg

Jil Sander 70/30 cashmere/silk zip up grey hoodie new from S/S 08 very light and thin
Jil Sander 50/50 cashmere/silk charcoal and grey line turtleneck
hohoho002.jpg

Christmas Presents for the Boyfriend:
Le Labo cologne
hohoho003.jpg

Martin Margiela black tee with metallic gold squares
Dries van Noten black vneck with glitter 5
hohoho004.jpg

Prada cotton/poly color block sweater
hohoho005.jpg

Alexander McQueen wool and silk lapel vest
hohoho006.jpg

how much was the jil hoodie if you dont mind me asking?

cloudhands69

Reaction score
Ok I def. do not want to get into a debate about animal ethics blah blah blah but I will say for the fur vs. leather thing:
-Leather lasts a really long time. Its more durable than most man made equivalents.
-Manmade materials often require extremely toxic chemicals/processes and have therefore a much more negative impact on the environment, which should be weighed when choosing a purchase (imo).
-Leather is a byproduct of another industry (food) so it makes sense that you would use that part of the animal, too. I don't think anyone eats the mink carcass (er maybe its chopped up into pet food or some ****, I don't know)

I don't want to be a troll or come off as a hater cause that's really not me. But if someone posts something like the jacket above, I'm gonna jump in and be the (more often only) voice of dissent. I mean hell, this is a clothing forum so we're all into a little self indulgence but, please, you've got enough dope leather jackets as it is, don't you? You really need to kill a fox so you can have another one? Wear a scarf or some ****!

Rant over, please continue the deluge of rampant consumerism (pics please!)

overdog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Babar
Well, here's a swiss documentary from a chinese fur farm where the fur went to collars on cheap counterfeit jackets that's quite provoking to say the least. Definitely NSFW: video

Ack! That was more sickening to me than the 2 girls 1 cup video. Why would they not kill the animals first?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
how much was the jil hoodie if you dont mind me asking?

$1,075

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i might have to go check it out

ive been wanting a cashmere/silk hoodie in exactly those proportions

the one from mj but its too damn much

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I still love the metallic turtlenecks from f/w and the round toe lace ups are dope (though they run like 3 sizes big ha!).

We have a 3 person sander fan base here I love it. Wore my chunky metallic v today and the **** didn't keep me warm in 45 degree cold brrr.

Fuckin socal already scoopin spring ****, you're lucky I couldn't make it inside bev hills because it was a fuckin zoo and nowhere to park.

Originally Posted by LabelKing
There's plenty on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Raf-Simons-Mar.../dp/888158543X

Are you going to get it for me?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cloudhands69
Ok I def. do not want to get into a debate about animal ethics blah blah blah but I will say for the fur vs. leather thing:
-Leather lasts a really long time. Its more durable than most man made equivalents.
-Manmade materials often require extremely toxic chemicals/processes and have therefore a much more negative impact on the environment, which should be weighed when choosing a purchase (imo).
-Leather is a byproduct of another industry (food) so it makes sense that you would use that part of the animal, too. I don't think anyone eats the mink carcass (er maybe its chopped up into pet food or some ****, I don't know)

I don't want to be a troll or come off as a hater cause that's really not me. But if someone posts something like the jacket above, I'm gonna jump in and be the (more often only) voice of dissent. I mean hell, this is a clothing forum so we're all into a little self indulgence but, please, you've got enough dope leather jackets as it is, don't you? You really need to kill a fox so you can have another one? Wear a scarf or some ****!

Rant over, please continue the deluge of rampant consumerism (pics please!)

Agreed. I wear leather because it´s (mostly) a byproduct, and definitly draw the line at fur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads