• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Am Legend

fortune

Reaction score
Anyone see the midnight screening or going to see it/saw it tonight? I saw it at midnight and I thought it was a pretty damn good movie. Ending was abrupt but a few of the scenes (when sam runs into the hive) had me pretty scared lol. Thoughts?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I was either going to see this tonight or The Golden Compass.
Have you seen TGC? Which would you recommend.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WS somewhat grates on me as an actor, but he's getting pretty good reviews for his performance, even from those who share my general assessment, so I may make a leap of faith.

mongo615

Reaction score
WS can't be any worse than Charlton Heston, who was the star of the original. I'm looking forward to seeing it, as 'The Omega Man' was one of my favorites as a youth.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
If would go see this over TGC unless you have read TGC. Not to say it isn't good; but, now that I'm 3/4 through TGC I want to go back and watch the movie again.

I think I'm going with the hubby tonight to see I Am Legend (they did a lot of filming by my old apt). It is also playing in IMAX; but, I don't know if I'll go to that one.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Damn it is only 7 and the 9:50 show is sold out.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see it, but my friends are all hardcore movie snobs, and will NOT accompany me. Beetches.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I didnt know they actually shut down Times Square on a monday morning to do some key filming shots. crazy

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I said it before; but, when I used to live in BFE (aka 57th/11th) I would always see like these buses and cars that were just covered in dinge and I thought **** I would be so pissed at the street sweeper if that was my car. After a while I finally saw a film crew and asked them and they said they were filming a "Will Smith apocalypse style movie."

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heh, I liked the comics I'll definately watch the movie

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I almost finished watching "The Last Man on Earth," the "original" version of "I AM LEGEND," on the plane today after several years of not having seen it.

I get the campy value. Fine. But it pisses me off that no one's taken the direction of the novel seriously. "Last Man" took a few notes from the mental monologue of the main character but went to town on inventing every single other detail.

fortune

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I was either going to see this tonight or The Golden Compass.
Have you seen TGC? Which would you recommend.

I haven't read or seen TGC but to me the previews made it look kind of kiddish and fairylandish which isn't my thing soooooooooo.... I AM LEGEND!
smile.gif

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
I'd like to see it, but my friends are all hardcore movie snobs, and will NOT accompany me. Beetches.

Go alone? That's what I do when friends are unavailable/unwilling.

mongo615

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I almost finished watching "The Last Man on Earth," the "original" version of "I AM LEGEND," on the plane today after several years of not having seen it.

I get the campy value. Fine. But it pisses me off that no one's taken the direction of the novel seriously. "Last Man" took a few notes from the mental monologue of the main character but went to town on inventing every single other detail.

I stand corrected
worship.gif

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to see it as well. I have to wait till Tuesday though, a friend from London is coming and is hyped about the movie. So I have to wait for him...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads