• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Black Label Black Pinstripe Suit

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw this at Saks. At first I thought it was navy. The pinstripes were thin and not dramatic chalk stripes. The SA informed me that it was actually black with stripes.

Has anyone seen this? Is this on the hate list because it is black as well?

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hah I tried googling it but I couldn't find it. If I can stop by the store and take pics, I'll try to.

I figured you guys notice every detail, of every garment, and then have it locked away in memory.

Hoya Saxa

Reaction score
I know what you're talking about and I own that suit, along with about 4 other RLBL suits. I work in a business casual environment and wear it with a dress shirt and/or v-neck sweater without a tie. It's a good look. I like that it's a bit more fashion forward than my RLPL and bespoke stuff, which I break out for client meetings.

Keep an eye on ebay and the RL outlets, as the black label stuff pops up every now and then for cheap.

Cheers,

Hoya

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know the suit you mean too (in fact, I have the navy version for sale at the moment). It's pretty cool, and I think the black version - while not particularly conservative - will fly nicely in most smart workplaces.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I try to look out for it on ebay but not too many 40S come up.

Holdfast when are you going to start catering towards my size?

I'm not really sure I understand the logic behind the hate for black suits, but i just want to make sure this one doesn't break the same rules. I'll probably get a navy one as well and I like the fit because I'm shaped like a weird triangle and bl works for me.

raphael

Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
I saw this at Saks. At first I thought it was navy. The pinstripes were thin and not dramatic chalk stripes. The SA informed me that it was actually black with stripes.

Has anyone seen this? Is this on the hate list because it is black as well?

Does it have peak lapels? It's more anthracite/charcoal than black like a tuxedo. I prefer another black label suit from the same season which has a lot of thin brown stripes spaced 3mm apart. It can pass for anthracite, brown, or navy depending on the lighting.

ABALO

Reaction score
This one ?

rlsuitvz8.png

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure. The cut for all the suits regardless of pattern was the same at Saks. This is clearly black and pinstriped. I can't tell the exact pattern since it's not up close. From what I remember it was similar but not too thick or heavy. But let's just say it is this pattern on black. Is there still a problem because it's a black suit?
Originally Posted by ABALO
This one ?
rlsuitvz8.png

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the black suit per se. Especially one as well cut/made at the Black Label. And, especially for evening or social events. But, I think it depends more on one's complexion. Imo, black looks better on darker skinned or darker haired dudes. I've got a black/brown pinstripe suit which hardly gets worn, because I think I look better in navy or gray.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are all RL Black Label suits made by Caruso? If not, is there a way to identify it

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I don't have a problem with the black suit per se. Especially one as well cut/made at the Black Label. And, especially for evening or social events. But, I think it depends more on one's complexion. Imo, black looks better on darker skinned or darker haired dudes. I've got a black/brown pinstripe suit which hardly gets worn, because I think I look better in navy or gray.

Black with brown pinstripes? Maybe I'm just not imagining it properly but I'm not sure anyone would look good in this combo.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think the one pictured is the charcoal pinstripe bleeker model available on the website.

it looks like a 3 roll 2, where all black label suits i have seen are 2 button with a lower button stance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads