• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
His Asian ****** vampire avatar is creeping me out right now.

She's not a ******, and she's not a vampire. She's doing a headbutt.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc237
As the dad of a young Asian woman, I do find that extreme degree of objectification to be rather alarming. Young women are already so prone to being victimized by strange men, those who are "exotic" and attractive are in a particularly more vulnerable place.

There is a line between the appreciation of beautiful women who happen to be Asian and the creation of a cult of idealized perfect Asian womanhood. While I would be hard pressed to define that line, I can easily say it was crossed over repeatedly in some of AJ's postings.

And I do sincerely apologize. Rest assured, it won't happen again. Consider my horizons broadened.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ambiguousninja
creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy creepy.
Sigh.
Originally Posted by ambiguousninja
Consider my horizons broadened.
I think we actually want them narrowed.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Am I the only person here not creeped out by Amerikajinda?
I am not sure, frankly. Than again I never went through that thread much and did not catch his last ramblings. Maybe that is why, heh.
Originally Posted by RJman
Sigh.I think we actually want them narrowed.
lol8[1].gif

nioh

Reaction score
What was the big deal besides the personal intrigue between NR and aj? Certainly you shouldn't delete a thread because of some harmless ramblings. I'm quite disappointed.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nioh
What was the big deal besides the personal intrigue between NR and aj? Certainly you shouldn't delete a thread because of some harmless ramblings. I'm quite disappointed.

Yes, and I've sent an apology to NR, so I hope he accepts it.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nioh

It wasn't really an intrigue. He made a lot of irresponsible and false statements with racist overtones that were quite insulting to anyone with an Asian SO, refused to stop when asked, and then started with the ad hominems.

He really has to separate fact from fantasy and not assume he's the resident expert on something he actually knows very little about.

As for the thread, the patient was terminal long ago and can't be saved by a post mortem surgery. I'm a bit skeptical that a second Asian women appreciation thread could be kept from contracting the same disease.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Isn't it sort of ironic then that you got your avatar from something he posted then?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
It wasn't really an intrigue. He made a lot of irresponsible and false statements with racist overtones that were quite insulting to anyone with an Asian SO, refused to stop when asked, and then started with the ad hominems.

He really has to separate fact from fantasy and not assume he's the resident expert on something he actually knows very little about.

As for the thread, the patient was terminal long ago and can't be saved by a post mortem surgery. I'm a bit skeptical that a second Asian women appreciation thread could be kept from contracting the same disease.

The thread was amusing enough while it lasted, but how hard it is for those who are jonesing for cheesecake photos of Asian women to find them on the internet without the aid of this thread?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Am I the only person here not creeped out by Amerikajinda?

I'm not. I find his naivete slightly amusing. I think he was just being a dumbass for the sake of being a dumbass, just like I often play a dumbass, and just like conne plays a dumbass(any time he talks about politics or ireland
lol8[1].gif
). Maybe he was bored (ok maybe he's bored a lot). I don't know and don't really care. I certainly think people were a little too sensitive about some of the stuff he posted in that thread. it's clear to me that he wasn't trying to offend anyone. I'm white as can be and i was not offended. Seriously, if people are offended because some 18yo with a keyboard says that they're not able to recognize true asian beauty, well....
baldy[1].gif

Now the surgery pics were pretty nasty, but he was clearly just trying to get a reaction after everyone was starting to pile-on to him. It was a bad idea because that just increased the meaningless chatter. Juvenile? Yes. Ban-worthy? No. Was it worth nuking the best thread ever? Hhhhhhhhhhhhheeeellllllllllllllllllll no.

As for the father of an asian girl... I'm pretty sure that we objectify all women equally. Jinda just has more free time than our Swiss friend, or else there would be another thread with big-boned white girls.
devil.gif

Jinda has repented so bring back the thread and let him self-edit his posts so the mods don't have to waste their time.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I'm not. I find his naivete slightly amusing. I think he was just being a dumbass for the sake of being a dumbass, just like I often play a dumbass, and just like conne plays a dumbass(any time he talks about politics or ireland
lol8[1].gif
). Maybe he was bored (ok maybe he's bored a lot). I don't know and don't really care. I certainly think people were a little too sensitive about some of the stuff he posted in that thread. it's clear to me that he wasn't trying to offend anyone. I'm white as can be and i was not offended. Seriously, if people are offended because some 18yo with a keyboard says that they're not able to recognize true asian beauty, well....
baldy[1].gif
Now the surgery pics were pretty nasty, but he was clearly just trying to get a reaction after everyone was starting to pile-on to him. It was a bad idea because that just increased the meaningless chatter. Juvenile? Yes. Ban-worthy? No. Was it worth nuking the best thread ever? Hhhhhhhhhhhhheeeellllllllllllllllllll no. As for the father of an asian girl... I'm pretty sure that we objectify all women equally. Jinda just has more free time than our Swiss friend, or else there would be another thread with big-boned white girls.
devil.gif
Jinda has repented so bring back the thread and let him self-edit his posts so the mods don't have to waste their time.

The mere fact that you consider a thread full of fully-clothed Asian women the "best thread ever" speaks volumes about you.
smile.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
The mere fact that you consider a thread full of fully-clothed Asian women the "best thread ever" speaks volumes about you.
smile.gif

Go away Proud Mary.
laugh.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif

Is that the beggars != choosers axiom?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif

+1. I'm Asian, yet I couldn't help but find that thread increasingly inane, if not downright creepy. It just felt endless chattering between 3 or 4 posters, all of who are white; what gives?
eek.gif

lakewolf + GQgeek: you must be seriously underestimating the resourcefulness of the SF community...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Is that the buggers != choosers axiom?

Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads