• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seiko Opinions Daily Beater Watch

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270180364015&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=017 28 dollars shipping i know lot of that goes to his profit, but that is fine. compensates for the ridiculously low bid amount.
Sweet deal Brian. I'm in a dispute with the seller I chose because eBay screwed up my last bid. It entered it $10 higher than my intention and now the seller is attempting to get me to stick to it. It's a bit of a clusterfuck at the moment so I may just try your seller. About how long did it take to arrive to you?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rambo
Sweet deal Brian. I'm in a dispute with the seller I chose because eBay screwed up my last bid. It entered it $10 higher than my intention and now the seller is attempting to get me to stick to it. It's a bit of a clusterfuck at the moment so I may just try your seller.

About how long did it take to arrive to you?

im sorry for your predicament. but if there is any consolation in saying this, but the watch is definitely worth any price paid under 100 . maybe even at 100 i would buy this.

i bought mine about same time you wanted to buy one. it took approx. 1 week. arrived today.

im loving it so much i am may planning on getting one for my father for his christmas present . and one for my brother in law.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by b00staholic
Shoe,

What does "VIE" as the date mean? Is that Spanish for Friday (Viernes)?

Are the rest of the days of the week shown in English?

yes, it is vie for Viernes . there is
both spanish and english days on this watch. just like my other seikos. i never change the date, just the time . since i dont wear my watches consecutive days anyways. they always need to be set.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
im sorry for your predicament. but if there is any consolation in saying this, but the watch is definitely worth any price paid under 100 . maybe even at 100 i would buy this. i bought mine about same time you wanted to buy one. it took approx. 1 week. arrived today. im loving it so much i am may planning on getting one for my father for his christmas present . and one for my brother in law.
I say screw it and get the blue one for yourself
devil.gif
. Thanks for the sincerity. I'm hoping to resolve it around the time of the apocalypse, or the next Elvis sighting, whichever comes first.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bcate3
Like that watch, shoe. I have a black dial one which came with a black canvas band. After the band started getting that well-worn funky smell, i swapped it out with the tan hadley-roma leather band. It's a versatile watch that easily dresses up or down. The only downside to it is that it runs fast which i gather from upnorth's comments is not uncommon with this model. otherwise it's an excellent, stylish watch that receives its share of compliments. enjoy yours.

thanks bcates and acidicboy.
this is really sweet. im not one to concern over a watch losing seconds or a minute or two a day on cheapr (unless i have a premium make like omega or iwc)

Mentos

Reaction score
guys , i got delivery of my seiko military watch in green today. wow, what a lovely , neat little watch. definitely worth the money . thanks whacked! this is amazing. rambo, did you get yours yet? you will love it trust me! i will post photos later
Picture-2.jpg
very pretty in person. SD fan , sorry to hear it took so long. i bought this from pokemonu as well and it was delivered within a week. perhaps he changed up his shipping procedures.

Also bought this, delivered today. Same seller, delivery to East Coast in a little under two weeks, I think. Cost $36 (got a little excited in the auction) + $28 = $64. So far that looks like a steal. Crystal face, and the leather detail on the strap is, not shockingly, pleather. I have small wrists, like 6.5", and it's a good size on me. It's really a nice color green--I was worried that the strap would be less olive, but it's a great shade, and even has some depth. I'll repost if it explodes.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
The exact Poljot model is available here for $130 + whatever S&H charge. No first hand experience so you might want to do a research before buying. Street price for the Archimede Pilot is more like $400 though; used ones pop up on TZ/PMWF from time to time for ~$330. Sorry I wasn't clear enough.
Late chiming in but I have bought from that Swiss seller before (a different variation of the Poljot Aviator). Seller is reliable and the watch is great.
Originally Posted by Mentos
Also bought this, delivered today. Same seller, delivery to East Coast in a little under two weeks, I think. Cost $36 (got a little excited in the auction) + $28 = $64. So far that looks like a steal. Crystal face, and the leather detail on the strap is, not shockingly, pleather. I have small wrists, like 6.5", and it's a good size on me. It's really a nice color green--I was worried that the strap would be less olive, but it's a great shade, and even has some depth. I'll repost if it explodes.
I have a similar watch of a different version (luminescent face) and I like it a lot. Stuck it on a Jurghen aviator three piece bund strap. Reliable and the quickset date/day of the movement is handy.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
I have a similar watch of a different version (luminescent face) and I like it a lot. Stuck it on a Jurghen aviator three piece bund strap. Reliable and the quickset date/day of the movement is handy.
Argh.. the lume face version is the best one IMHO. Too bad I missed out when Overstock had it for sale a while back.

Funny how easy it is to have the band worth more than the watch itself, no?
laugh.gif
An aviator/dress hybrid Poljot on Hirsh strap is on my wrist as I type...

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Argh.. the lume face version is the best one IMHO. Too bad I missed out when Overstock had it for sale a while back. Funny how easy it is to have the band worth more than the watch itself, no?
laugh.gif
An aviator/dress hybrid Poljot on Hirsh strap is on my wrist as I type...

I never saw it on Overstock. I got it from a seller somewhere in South East Asia IIRC. Edit: Nevermind, was wrong, found it. I think it was cheaper when I bought it
confused.gif
You are right about the straps btw
biggrin.gif

Mentos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
I never saw it on Overstock. I got it from a seller somewhere in South East Asia IIRC.

Edit:
Nevermind, was wrong,
found it. I think it was cheaper when I bought it
confused.gif

You are right about the straps btw
biggrin.gif

One hundred and fifteen dollars?!? You must be made of money. :)

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great, whacked. I'll have to take photographs of mine now on the brown strap.
Originally Posted by Mentos
One hundred and fifteen dollars?!? You must be made of money. :)
Well, is this a better price?

raphael

Reaction score
A good daily beater is the Rolex Datejust. Or a Rolex Sub or Explorer II (my watch) if you're the sporty type.

Mentos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raphael
A good daily beater is the Rolex Datejust. Or a Rolex Sub or Explorer II (my watch) if you're the sporty type.

Clearly this is a thread of people shopping $4k watches.

I do think that there is a semi-live "Rolex Sucks--No, It Doesn't" thread, if you want a piece of that tired action. Might offer the exciting opportunity to debate whether quartz movements are merely indication of a wearer's pathetically stunted taste, or, instead, also demonstrate the transformation of humans into soulless, consistently punctual machines.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
whacked, nice pic of that Black Monster. I am still kicking myself for missing yesterday's Amazon deal on the Black Monster (stainless bracelet, $137 shipped).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 27 17.6%

Forum statistics

Threads