• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Westbourne Appreciation

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Canterbury?

Yup...Lichfield ain't too slouchy either.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They're both great - though I like the Telford just a tad more given that it does not have the heel broguing.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Show-off
worship.gif
worship.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any reasonable person would own all three! Telford could well be my next MTO in either suede or bauxite.

Let's not forget Wolcot...

nmoraitis

Reaction score
The Walcot is very nice, is that colour olive?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmoraitis
The Walcot is very nice, is that colour olive?

Yes, they are olive, courtesy of Tom Park at LeatherSoul. I've also got them in Edwardian, also Via Tom.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The Walcot is stunning Andrew.

Walcot, Telford and Perth are on my EG wishlist.

jjl5000

Reaction score
I've tried a little adelaide mix-n'-match...

Pelham without the heel counter and with a Lichfield toe cap in bauxite (606). Order placed only last week so a long wait on these.

Andrew,

Great to see more thoroughbreds from the Portnoy stables! Loving the walcots & the canterbury. Heck, I love them all.

abrocketsfan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by foto010101
I own a C&J Dalton which is also on the 348 last. However, this Westbourne looks more slim. How is this possible? I assume that all shoes on the 348 last have exactly the same form. Am I right? Or does the shoe size matter?
Can someone comment on this? I ordered the Westbourne and found them to be extremely narrow when they arrived. It seemed to be, although I haven't seen another 348 last shoe in person, that they were narrower than the others as pictured. I'm trying to resolve this to figure out if it's worth putting in an order for the Drummond in suede Thanks!

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by abrocketsfan
Can someone comment on this? I ordered the Westbourne and found them to be extremely narrow when they arrived. It seemed to be, although I haven't seen another 348 last shoe in person, that they were narrower than the others as pictured.

I'm trying to resolve this to figure out if it's worth putting in an order for the Drummond in suede

Thanks!

The Drummond in suede was very narrow looking as well when I received it, but surprisingly, it fits fine (at least for me)

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of copping a pair of Westbournes in black, as my new court shoes. (Followed by some dark brown Tavistocks, if I can get them...but that's another story).

To those august personages who own multiple C&Js: is there a significance difference in the leather (as opposed to the construction) in Hand- and Benchgrade?

And if so, am I right in thinking this difference is minimised in relation to black shoes?

TKDKid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The False Prophet
Thinking of copping a pair of Westbournes in black, as my new court shoes. (Followed by some dark brown Tavistocks, if I can get them...but that's another story).

To those august personages who own multiple C&Js: is there a significance difference in the leather (as opposed to the construction) in Hand- and Benchgrade?

And if so, am I right in thinking this difference is minimised in relation to black shoes?

The quality of the leather used on C&J Benchgrades seems to be quite variable - on some pairs of my shoes the leather's quite stiff, while on other pairs it's much softer. In general though, I'd say that the leather used on Handgrades is nicer than that used on Benchgrades - it's noticeably softer and easier to polish, and doesn't crease as much.

Handgrade:

Benchgrade:

- you can see that the Handgrades are shinier and the creasing is less apparent.

Having said that, I'd happily still buy Benchgrades if I find something to my liking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads