• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, you've been kinda harsh recently :p

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pokemon comment in WAYWN was hilarious, and I'd agree with the content of most his opinions, but the delivery is certainly harsh. What gives, Rye?

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
The pokemon comment in WAYWN was hilarious, and I'd agree with the content of most his opinions, but the delivery is certainly harsh. What gives, Rye?

Trying to keep a higher standard I guess. If I want to see tragic outfits and items I'll go to a Westfield Mall.
Style Forum should be a place to be inspired, to see creativity it shouldn't be a place for the mundane. If I see something that insults my eyes I've decided to call it in the fairest way possible.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Trying to keep a higher standard I guess. If I want to see tragic outfits and items I'll go to a Westfield Mall. Style Forum should be a place to be inspired, to see creativity it shouldn't be a place for the mundane. If I see something that insults my eyes I've decided to call it in the fairest way possible.
Fair enough; it's just seemed to come out of nowhere. I think subtle snobbery is more effective, more difficult to write off as an outlandish comment from some out-of-touch fashionista. Then again, I am tickled silly by LK, so who knows.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Trying to keep a higher standard I guess. If I want to see tragic outfits and items I'll go to a Westfield Mall.
Style Forum should be a place to be inspired, to see creativity it shouldn't be a place for the mundane. If I see something that insults my eyes I've decided to call it in the fairest way possible.

Aren't you the one who said he set out to look like 10$ but spent over 1000$ that sounds tragic imo.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dior 19cm's
Photo40.jpg
[/IMG]

Sling and Stones Samuel Selvage which I'm trying to sell.
Photo29.jpg
[/IMG]

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
Aren't you the one who said he set out to look like 10$ but spent over 1000$ that sounds tragic imo.

No not really, it was more of a case of people misinterpreting what I said and over exaggerating the portions they "wanted" to pay attention to. The post snowballed into another direction completely; a $140 sweatshirt suddenly became a $1000+ purchase of a madman.

I don't think in this day and age $1000+ for boots if you can afford them is grotesque, especially when compared to what kids put into modifying cars and similar costly interests. I don't smoke, rarely drink and work damn hard for the pennies I earn.

Did I hit a nerve with you? I sense you have more to get off your chest?. If you want to protect the interests of the common man fair play, I just don't believe the average Jo Schmo should be clogging up a forum that should encourage a higher standard.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
The jeans didn't look good. The weird stitching connecting the pockets were pretty hideous. Either get new jeans or expect people not to like them.

Can we please stop the anti-designer expensive brand crusades? There are like 3 threads devoted to it. There is no problem with call outs if something looks bad. This place is far from sufu so i don't think we need to get worried about anything.

skunkworks

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure this is the way a windbag says that they're justified being a rude dick on the internet.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skunkworks
I'm pretty sure this is the way a windbag says that they're justified being a rude dick on the internet.

If what he said was too much for you to handle you'd probably be better off reading the purseblog forums.

skunkworks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
If what he said was too much for you to handle you'd probably be better off reading the purseblog forums.

Riiiiight. That was a funny comment. Hoo boy.

Anyway, it was just an observation about an observation -- no more offensive than the comment I was responding to -- so I guess if you can't take it you might be better off reading the purseblog forums. (Did you see what I did there?)

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skunkworks

Rude Dick = Honesty = Productive Balanced Content.

5 posts = Get off daddy's lap
bounce2.gif
and partake more in some fashion discussion on the internets
smile.gif

skunkworks

Reaction score
Well, the Volcom raw jeans did look a size big and not great
frown.gif

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
skunkworks, we're just jerking your chain. But, if all we do is tell folks how great their stuff looks, even when it doesn't nobody is going to improve. That's what they do on the purseblog forum. They just say "ooooh yay I love it sammydoll" and nobody has the heart to be honest.

It's worse for us because a lot of the guys here never used to care much about what they wore and it's easy to get back in those lazy habits.

And, yes, the detailing on the back of those volcoms was pretty bad. But they are volcoms so I guess it's to be expected.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
SD 103's worn for a year and a few months, soaked a few times and washed a few times. The color is wrong, these are a lot darker than the pics indicate, I really need to read my camera manual.

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads