• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The View: Nothing predates Jesus in this flat world.

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
After watching that, maybe the Arab world has the right idea about women. Sweet Jebus. What the hell is Barbara Walters even doing on that crap? It's like watching four monkeys try to build a house.

Nothing like the intellectual powertalk carried on by Madden, Gifford, Dierdorf or any other number of male football commentators. And incidentally, Elizabeth Hasselbeck, who is also known for a number of ludicrous discussions on this show, is married to the Seahawks' esteemed QB, Matt.

Originally Posted by whodini
^^
Is that a genuine clip? Why haven't I noticed how blue-screened that was until now?

Blue-screening is always very obvious when the original cellulite film has been scanned and digitized and put on higher resolution computer or video screens. You didn't notice it because it wasn't visible. If you've seen it on TV in the past, chances are that it was transferred to videotape, which isn't so high a resolution as current all-digital media.

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
"I don't know" can be a well-educated and acceptable answer to whether the world is flat. A sphere in a Euclidean 3-dimensional space only occupies a two dimensions in a non-Euclidean space, no?
Could be, if the non-Euclidean space is only 2-dimensional. There are all sorts of different n-dimensional non-Euclidean spaces. Somehow, I don't think that's what was tripping up our fair rotund maiden.
I'm admittedly not very well-versed in cosmology or topology, but the universe could very likely be non-Euclidean. I'm not sure what 'flat' in a Euclidean sense translates to in a non-Euclidean space, so "I don't know" seems appropriate.
Einstein showed us all the universe is not a Euclidean space because time is an essential part of the universe. Euclidean really only refers to, as you say, topology, and not the makeup of the universe (physics). But really, Euclid learned all about his space from Jesus: who knows if the world is flat in Jesus-space?
As for the rest of the 'stupidity,' I don't see the point in arguing how many fairies can dance on the head of a pin.
It seems that four is about the maximum. Oh, and one last note: BW is the exec. producer of 'The View.' It's basically her show. She's the one who does all the hiring and firing. The cute Asian, Lisa Ling, is long gone--she does a National Geographic show where she goes all over the world and lives in extreme situations. I believe she also did a show where she documented prison life for a month, though not sure.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I rather enjoyed this:
flatland.jpg

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorian
Oh, and one last note: BW is the exec. producer of 'The View.' It's basically her show. She's the one who does all the hiring and firing. The cute Asian, Lisa Ling, is long gone--she does a National Geographic show where she goes all over the world and lives in extreme situations. I believe she also did a show where she documented prison life for a month, though not sure.

I remember a skit on Conan I think around the time of an NHL All-star game. They had an empty net with targets in all the corners. They had the faces of the women from the view on them. You got points for hitting any of them, except Lisa Ling, which got points deducted. I can't remember which player they got to take the shots, but it captured my sentiments on the show.
laugh.gif

Meursault

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I rather enjoyed this:
flatland.jpg

Wow, I didn't know anyone still read that. Abbott was the old Headmaster of my school. Great guy. Judging by current attitudes among some of the staff at the school, I suspect a few might have taken it a bit too literally. I wish the UK had daytime TV like that. Our morons aren't nearly as entertaining as your morons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads