• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your most recent awkward moment

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tsintaosaurus
it's always hilariously uncomfortable whenever you meet an old acquaintance and you two forget each other's names but you both feel that a conversation too short would be more rude than admitting that you forgot his/her name. extra bonus awkward points if you deliberately extend the conversation another 5 minutes and are able to somehow avoid having to bring up his/her name the whole time.

Since I teach and I'm bad with names, I *always* run into former students and find I'm unable to remember their name. I've actually gotten good at feigning a surprised look of recognition and chatting for several minutes without attempting to bring up a name. It works especially well if I can at least remember which class they took from me.

Of course, it was especially embarassing when a former student came into my office several weeks ago and I stood and introduced myself....what a dork.
laugh.gif

Tsintaosaurus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
i hate when walking down the hall or something and you see someone who you really dont want to talk to. i usually do the good ol take the phone out of the pocket and pretend im looking at the time or a text. or i just stair at the wall in a...oh **** when did this wall get here!...... sort of way. but if they call your bluff and talk to you, its even more awkward because you all of a sudden have to act like you had no idea they were there.
you put the ying in my yang

itskub

Reaction score
im in a grocery store, with all asian employees. my total was something like $12.47, i gave her a twenty...

me: you can keep the three cents
her, confused: three cents?
me: yea you can keep the three pennies.
her, smiling: oooh pennies. yes.

needless to say she gives me my 53 cents back.

Tsintaosaurus

Reaction score
walking in on my roommate ********** with some chick on the living room coach and then saying "nevermind me" on my way back to my room after grabbing some orange juice. then minutes later i come back out to join them on the sofa to watch "ghostwriter." only reason why i watch that show is because of jennifer love hewlitt-packard's boobs.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
walking in on my roommate ********** with some chick on the living room coach and then saying "nevermind me" on my way back to my room after grabbing some orange juice. then minutes later i come back out to join them on the sofa to watch "ghostwriter." only reason why i watch that show is because of jennifer love hewlitt-packard's boobs.

How did it feel to be sitting on some fresh man juice?

Tsintaosaurus

Reaction score
ghost whisperer was the name of the show actually. there is no jennifer love hewitt in ghostwriter.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Clarify please.

You sat on the sofa while they were still doing the horizontal mombo?
plain.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Clarify please.

You sat on the sofa while they were still doing the horizontal mombo?
plain.gif

He said it was minutes later, so surely they were done.
tounge.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

If they are that bohemian, why didn't you give her a pat on the rump or better yet, join them?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
He said it was minutes later, so surely they were done.
tounge.gif

Oh yeah. For a minute there I forgot the age thing.
laugh.gif

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over 20 years ago: so I'm in a cute girl's dormroom looking over her shoulder as she's reading me something aloud, when she muffs a simple word badly. Jackass pedant-boy that I am, I bust out with a laugh and, "what, are you dyslexic or something?"

I think you know the rest ...
shog[1].gif

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, a woman who works for me (call her A) came into my office and started slagging a subordinate (also a woman; call her B). She went on about it for a bit, clearly agitated, with her back to the door.

Lo and behold, who should appear in my doorway but B. So here I was, stuck at my desk staring past the complainer straight at the object of her derision. It got worse -- A demanded of me, "what are you going to do about B?" I replied with some halting, non-committal process-type verbiage, all the while thinking, "how the **** am I going to weasel my way out of this one?"

Lucky for me, B moved to the table inside my office behind A, and thus out of my line of sight, so I made a couple of wide-eyed facial gestures and pointed vigorously behind A. She turned around to find B sitting at the table, arms crossed and eyeing her smugly. Ooh boy, catfight time ...
smack.gif

After a sharp exchange, A gathered up the tatters of her dignity and left my office. I had to spend the next 1/2 hour mollifying B. Needless to say that little scene has made for some cool relationships around the building. Seems to be one of those alpha-girl things you sometimes get in professional settings. Kind of funny in a drawing-room drama sort of way in retrospect, but explosively embarrassing at the time.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the only way to have properly diffused this situation would've been to drop trou and suggest a threesome.

Tsintaosaurus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Clarify please. You sat on the sofa while they were still doing the horizontal mombo?
plain.gif

our household refers to the evening as the "cuban missle crisis"

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually have conversations on my cell phone (without calling anyone) to avoid people. I act like the conversation is really in depth and something important and/or terrible has happened.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads