• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on Hickey (hickeystyle.com)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI - they slashed sale prices again today. For example, suits are now $328...

hs_7.17.07.jpg

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
time to bring this thread back from the dead.

i just received 2 casual button-ups from hickeystyle that i was able to obtain for $53 each, and here are my first impressions:

1) I ordered a medium, since the medium in J crew are slightly big on me from the chest down, but perfect on the shoulders. I figured since they are cut slim, a medium would work. Well, I am surprised how nicely they fit me on the shoulders and the chest down, but if I lost any more weight, I would prolly have to get these tailored.

2) The neck on these shirts is huge, i am not sure why it was designed this way. I have a 15.5 neck, and these are quiet big on me. I don't plan on wearing a tie, so it doesnt make a huge difference, but just an observation.

3) The fabric is really nice and thick, some of the nice fabrics i have seen on casual shirts.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
frown.gif
I missed out in the sale. But i wanted to grab some of their ***** at that price.

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
frown.gif
I missed out in the sale. But i wanted to grab some of their ***** at that price.

hopefully someone will post another coupon code during the holiday season. I am thinking of picking up some cargo pants if they are at a decent price.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's always a rack or two at C21 and the BDs are $50.

lefty

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djs488
I just got a button up in size small, and it is honestly the best fitting shirt I own. I want to purchase a lot more stuff from them, but right now, the prices are prohibitively high.

what size do you normally wear in other brands, like jcrew for example?

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take your J. Crew size when buying Hickey and it'll fit just a bit slimmer (and for me, much nicer).

At full price point, I would never buy a Hickey shirt (though OTR, the only full price shirts I'd pay for are Seize Sur Vingt) but when they get discounted to $50ish, they represent one of the best shirting values you can find. I just received the madras shirt I ordered and it is a supple cotton with nice shell buttons (trocas shell, they advertise). It fits trim, could be tucked in or untucked. I was unsure about the button-down collar but madras is a preppy fabric and it fits (Acne, Polo do that too). I have an oxford that I got for around $50 that gets a lot of wear and is made of an incredibly thick oxfod cloth - thicker than Black Fleece, but not as supple as BF.

It is a great value on sale.

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
Take your J. Crew size when buying Hickey and it'll fit just a bit slimmer (and for me, much nicer).

At full price point, I would never buy a Hickey shirt (though OTR, the only full price shirts I'd pay for are Seize Sur Vingt) but when they get discounted to $50ish, they represent one of the best shirting values you can find. I just received the madras shirt I ordered and it is a supple cotton with nice shell buttons (trocas shell, they advertise). It fits trim, could be tucked in or untucked. I was unsure about the button-down collar but madras is a preppy fabric and it fits (Acne, Polo do that too). I have an oxford that I got for around $50 that gets a lot of wear and is made of an incredibly thick oxfod cloth - thicker than Black Fleece, but not as supple as BF.

It is a great value on sale.

i picked up 2 madras shirts as well. Although I really like the shirts, the colors are a lot darker on the website then in reality.

djs488

Reaction score
Originally Posted by feynmix
what size do you normally wear in other brands, like jcrew for example?

The only J crew items are I own are sweaters, and I wear a size small. It's not so much that the fit is so much smaller, it's just... better. It's a tad slimmer across the board, but it's especially noticeable around the armpit area. The shirt remains form fitting up to the armpits, and it has high armholes, but not too high. I would take whatever your size is in J crew, and then enjoy the fit.

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yup, thats what i ended up doing, got a medium and it fits pretty nicely.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if there is a code / sale coming up for Hickey style? I don't want to sleep on this one.

djs488

Reaction score
there stuff it perpetually on sale... just go to "steals and deals" (i think that is what it's called). They had a one day sale about a month ago, but they didn't really announce it and it wasn't for any particular reason. I just check every few days or so.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
H1107 ($100 off of $500 or more purchase)

Rock

Reaction score
Prices dropped to $60 for on sale dress shirts and lowered on some other items.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads