• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns Denim

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Howdy. I've been wearing these for the past few days. Cheers to Brian and Karissa, Fok, and the participants for making these contests happen. Also, J for unbanning me after I broke the internet.

I'm not aware of anybody else having these yet, so I'll go into some detail.

These are them, walking in a winter wonderland, after a short, luke-warm soak and a couple days' stretch.
winterwonderland.jpg

winterwonderland2.jpg

Fit: Top block like APC NS. Longer front rise, shorter back rise. Straight-as-bizarro-Socal legs. 8.5" opening. I'm wearing my usual size; others could easily size down for a slimmer fit, but I like mine the way they are. I don't have to wear a belt right now, though I feel like they've got a hair's-breath more stretching to do.

Denim: Stiff-as-Socal-during-a-David-Hasselhoff-concert sizing. Shiny denim before the soak, stiff-like-whoa up until now. More sizing than my other Japanese jeans, probably similar amount to APC, but the denim is heavier. I'm guessing 13.75 or 14 oz. Lots of black and gray before the soak. Lots of black and gray after, with the addition of reddish purple when the light hits it at an angle. Denim is relatively smooth and adequate, but keep in mind that I like eats-like-a-stew slubby.

Construction: Chain-stitched hems. Serged inseam (which I much prefer). A couple aesthetically-questionable stitches but no dropped stitches. The buttons are capped with flanged headers that fit over the button like a bottle cap. One of them popped off. It looks to be an anomaly, though, because the others look solid. I'll need to attach it with steel epoxy, or something, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I like the side belt loops to be sewn into the felled seam on the rear. These aren't, but it's not a bit deal. I don't foresee them ripping off.

Details: I'm not a huge fan of the rivet choice, but everything else is phenomenal. Very cool black selvage (also in 5th pocket). Very cool black leather patch. Very cool little stitched crosses on the outseam. Back pockets and fly seam are lined with soft-as-Socal's-kisses white cotton. There's a small pocket sewn into the left front pocket that one could keep all sorts of paraphernalia in. Aside from my bad experience, the button caps are dope. I'd say these rival Rag & Bone for Luxury Denim Superiority; the missing waist band lining makes them more denim head than yuppy, which is nice. Oh, and THESE ARE THE BEST FRONT POCKETS IN THE WORLD. They're dropped maybe 3/4" below normal jeans pockets, which infinitesimally eases the adding of dollars, cents, and hands into them.

flylining.jpg

pocketlining.jpg

blackselvage.jpg

These have a similar leg to my altered Samurais, but I like the fit of the seat and the drape of the denim better on these, so I'll be wearing them a lot. Once again, thanks to the Peasant folk. Drinks are on me the next time I'm in Detroit, so long as you don't mind unsolicited advances.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
What up with the rivets (pics?)? I like how the button holes are stitched which really prevents UWW (unbuttoning without warning) that I've experienced with my rb's and to a lesser extent 5ep's.

Fit looks sharper than the knife you were carrying to mug the guy you were looking at in the first photo.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
What up with the rivets (pics?)? I like how the button holes are stitched which really prevents UWW (unbuttoning without warning) that I've experienced with my rb's and to a lesser extent 5ep's.

The rivets are a cloudy nickel color that looks comparatively cheap next to the bronze ass-kicking buttons. I think plain copper rivets would have been better, but that's probably why I'm wearing the jeans and not designing them.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
You are so into SoCal right now.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peasant. I get a free pair for linking you like we discussed, right BrianKarissa right right?

pause63

Reaction score
just a small question, what denim companies have conveniently placed pockets? My last pair of denim was APC NS and i thought the pockets were fine. However, now i'm wearing old Helmut Lang jeans and the pockets are placed so high its a problem.

gforce

Reaction score
not on the site as far as I can tell..........but I will recommend that you get a free pair.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ken, they look good on you. Once they break in a little more I think they'll look better. I'm noticing the sort of "thigh-combs" that are common in such a straight leg jean; my Somet's had the same thing but after a week or ten days, they fell into their state of being (the small stack formed, the thigh-comb disappeared).

I don't think I'd like the cut but they suit you well. Congrats.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are two Wings and Horns selvedge denims on Peasant. Which one are those?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels like th dropped pockets make the rise look super high? I'm only going off the Peasant pic here, mind you, but it looks kinda off to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads