• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

Mustapha

Reaction score
I'm enjoying the almost daily now new pictures in this thread. I read the comment above about 'aggressive' stripes and had a couple of thoughts:

1st, most of the shirts fall into the 'dress/refined' category.
2nd, most dress shirts overwhelmingly come in white, blue, or pink; and combinations and patterns derived thereof.

So, we have endless permutations of these three colors.

I don't know where I'm going with this so I'll end here by saying I like green.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tidybeard
fusco-web.jpg

Love this fabric.

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Thanks Kent. Strangely enough, that's probably my favourite too.

Biscione

Reaction score
Appreciation is one thing: how about a Roman orgy? (Shirts are from various stores mostly in Milan or from my tailor).

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Thanks for sharing, although the thread is <cough> folded <cough> shirt Appreciation.

Biscione

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
^^ Thanks for sharing, although the thread is <cough> folded <cough> shirt Appreciation.

I know, but I don't like Appreciation stars to be that constrained.

dokelroth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscione
Appreciation is one thing: how about a Roman orgy? (Shirts are from various stores mostly in Milan or from my tailor).
I am sorry to say but your shirts do not look very well made. They do not have pattern matching on the shoulders like a shirtmaker such as Jantzen, Chan or Kabbaz might do. You might want to ask your guy about that.

Biscione

Reaction score
You're probably not looking at the best/properly.

The best are far from poorly made, and there's a bit of Charvet, Chang, etc. there. In fact, very few of the ones my tailor made are patterned.

Which ones do you refer to, by the way? I'd like to clarify what they are.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Would be much easier if they were folded! Just busting your balls in a friendly way.

tanalasta

Reaction score
Some of the shirts in the 'roman orgy' have quite good shoulder matching and although a few do appear they could have matched better, pattern matching is a mark of a quality shirt, it is by far the only criteria.

I would daresay it's impossible to tell which shirts are top-quality simply by looking at the side wardrobe profile alone. You would need to examine the cut, fabric, stiching and construction to do that.

Biscione

Reaction score
Exactly. I think dokelroth may have been too quick to leap to conclusions (no offense to him). I know there are two striped shirts (dark blue and red: same stripe) that aren't brilliantly matched, but they're of a fantastic cut and quality... Sometimes many virtues outweigh a single shortcoming. teddieriley: probably, but I have neither the time nor the room
frown.gif

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ what you need to do is set aside 4 hours of your day to select which shirts are Appreciation worthy, iron them, fold them nicely, fan them out, and take various pictures with an interesting background in proper lighting. That will get us all riled up.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anna Matuozzo doesn't pattern match, so I'm not sure pattern matching is a useful indicator of quality.

--Andre

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads