• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ozzy Smith sat at the table next to me at an UES barbeque joint just this week. A few people had the nerve to interrupt his dinner for autograph, but he didn't seem pissed.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had a flurry in the last week: Ed Burns - daughter was 'interviewing' at school w/ my son, and we were talking to a school parent; Molto Mario - stopped at light on Fourth Ave. on his Vespa. Looked me up and down and gave a seeming nod of approval, although he may have just been responding to my "Ciao Mario!"; Steve Earle (w/ Allison Moorer) at the Pearl Oyster Bar yakking record talk on his cell phone w/ eating the roasted striped bass lunch special.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
>>Molto Mario - stopped at light on Fourth Ave. on his Vespa

Surreal. I'm surprised the scooter can hold him and sad he is no longer an Iron Chef.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I talked to Mystery in the meatpacking district. A pretty sad excuse for a celebrity encounter
crackup[1].gif

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheHoff
>>Molto Mario - stopped at light on Fourth Ave. on his Vespa

Surreal. I'm surprised the scooter can hold him and sad he is no longer an Iron Chef.

The Vespa seemed to be fairly substantial. The surreal part was the apple-cheeked Mario decked out in shorts (it was probably 38 degrees) and the orange Crocs w/ the tiny helmet wedged on his melon (oh, and a chickadee riding b***h).....

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Growing up in an around Bloomington, Indiana, I've seen John Mellencamp many times. One time stands out though. A wiseass buddy of mine and I were ath te mall and John was there. My buddy walks right up to Mellencamp and points at him. Turns to me and says, in a real loud, excited voice:

"Look Stu!, it's... it's...it's...Bruce Springsteen!'

Always thought that was funny as hell.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran into Jane Fonda at LAX when I was a kid. Walked up to her and called her a commie.
devil.gif

Had lunch with Ken Starr a couple of years ago ( when he was a judge on the DC circuit) nice guy, well read.
smile.gif

Worked for a number of musicians when I was doing sound engineering in HS: Frank Zappa, the Mothersbough Bros. (DEVO) etc.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Steve Earle (w/ Allison Moorer) at the Pearl Oyster Bar yakking record talk on his cell phone w/ eating the roasted striped bass lunch special.

Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I talked to Mystery in the meatpacking district. A pretty sad excuse for a celebrity encounter
crackup[1].gif

Originally Posted by yachtie
Worked for a number of musicians when I was doing sound engineering in HS: Frank Zappa, the Mothersbough Bros. (DEVO) etc.

Who are these people
confused.gif

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He supposedly sleeps with women...
mystery_292x438.jpg

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jenaimarr
- took a piss next to Gilby Clark (guns n roses) at the bathroom at El Torito in Sherman Oaks... i pissed onto my own foot as I looked over and saw him.
Kinda reminded me of this... John Wayne's filmning in some dusty Arizona town. After a long day of shooting, he needs to use the bathroom. He walks into the first saloon in town, approaches the bartender and asks: "You don't have to happen a private bathroom I could use, do you?" The bartender looks at the Hollywood star with a blank face expression, shakes his head and answers, "Nope, sorry. We don't have anything like that here." [add as many saloon visits here as you like, gradually building up to ...] John Wayne barely manages to reach the last saloon and he's gotta go, no matter what. He stumbles up to the bar, and asks the same question again, "Please, Sir, you don't happen to have a private bathroom I could use, do you? Nobody else in this town seems to have one." The bartender replies: "I'm really sorry, we don't have one. But why can't you just use the public one?" John Wayne gives him this no-time-to-explain look and disappears into the bathroom. Two minutes later he emerges, soaked from head to toe. The bartender shakes his head in disbelief and asks: "My God, what happened to you?" John Wayne says: "The same thing that happens to me every damn time I enter a public bathroom. Everyone turns around and says, 'Hey, check it out! It's John Wayne!"

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shook hands with: Patrick Ewing and Benjamin Netanyahu.

Saw in person: David Dinkins, David Shwimmer, Rudy Giuliani, Pataki, Tom Cruise, George Clooney, Gisele Bundchen, Flava Flav, Bridgette Nielsen and Sonny Carson.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
what the **** does this j/o do??

Sleeps with women.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Who are these people
confused.gif

I have no idea about the rest, but you may know Frank Zappa as Dweezil & Moon Unit's dad. Leader of the Mothers of Invention, and one of the iconic figures in rock 'n roll and 20th century American music:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Zappa

Steve Earle ain't hip hop, but he's made some fine music nonetheless. He's a great personality and an inspiration to many for his perseverance and unwillingness to compromise his principles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Earle
Attachment 7293

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads