• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones Last 341

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have decided to purchase a pair of Westfields from plal.com, however, I'm having a little problem with the sizing. Shyam from Plal gave me the general measurements of a size 6 UK (what I normally wear): Outer length: 10.5 inches Outer width: 4 inches One thing that worries me is external length measurement of the Westfield. Shyam measured 10.5 inches, but when I measured the sole of both my Church's and Ferragamos, they came to the measurement of 11.1 inches. This is confusing because it seems that a size 6 UK Westfield is much shorter than my size 5.5 UK shoes (Church's & Ferragamos) . So I'm wondering whether the 341 last has a naturally stubbier toebox or whether Shyam gave me the wrong measurements. Any opinions?
crockett-jones2_700.jpeg

jmonroestyle

Reaction score
The 341 last has an elongated toe box.

I tried a UK size 11 which is 1/2 size smaller than my American size 11 1/2, and the fit was great.

Jess

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jmonroestyle, interesting that you say the 341 has an elongated toe box because I thought so too, but when Shyam gave me the measurement, it seems like the Westfield is a much shorter shoe, shorter than shoes that are smaller in size.

the_foxx, I quite like the shape of the Westfield, it has that classic english look with an updated elongated toebox. I like the Hallam as well, not to mention the double monk on the same last, but the shape looks too similar to my Ferragamos.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ben, can you post pictures of the shoes you're comparing the Westfield to? 11" seems quite long, to me, for a size 6 shoe...

ccffm1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
the_foxx, I quite like the shape of the Westfield, it has that classic english look with an updated elongated toebox. I like the Hallam as well, not to mention the double monk on the same last, but the shape looks too similar to my Ferragamos.

Not that benjamin831 would need my support, but I have to say that I like my Westfields quite a bit. I wore mine just yesterday and think they are timelessly elegant and pleasingly unostentatious.

TKDKid

Reaction score
I have a pair of Radstocks (341 last) in UK 6E.

Note that the shoe is curved at the heel:

1. If measuring the length from where the uppers meet the sole at the heel, the length is indeed 10.5 inches.

2. If measuring from the outermost part of the heel, the length is about 11 inches.

With thanks/apologies to whoever supplied the original picture that I've just butchered:

cjradstockmeasurementcg9.jpg

Hope that makes sense...?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Westfields, I would consider getting a pair if I didn't already have tan Aldens.

If I were you, I would get measured with a Brannock device at some place like Nordstrom. Then you will know your standard US size for certain. Shyam can then tell you exactly what size to order.

alebrady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
are you sure that's the one you want to purchase? C&J makes some other great looking shoes with a more elegant shape, in my opinion. I'm a big fan of the Selbourne, Hallam, and the Belgrave. Thought Plal might carry at least one or two of those models.

http://www.crockettandjones.fr/catalogue.php?rub=9#

http://www.crockettandjones.fr/catalogue.php?rub=2

i find the 341 to be quite a nice looking last - sure there are probably sleeker lasts out there but the toe on the 341 looks quite smart to me and i certainly dont think the 341 is anywhere near clunky territory

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been on the verge of ordering the Westfield in suede for months now.

westfield341tobaccosuede.jpg

TKDKid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alebrady
i find the 341 to be quite a nice looking last - sure there are probably sleeker lasts out there but the toe on the 341 looks quite smart to me and i certainly dont think the 341 is anywhere near clunky territory

I like the 341 last as well and have had my eye on the Westfield, Swansea and Brecon for a while.

Here's some nice pics of the C&J Finsbury, also on the 341 last.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
I'll go ahead and bump this old thread, after all I still find it up-to-date since the Westfield shoe and the 341 last is still being sold.

My question is, how can one tell the difference between certain lasts? It's just a number? If I'd be interested in buying a pair of C&J Connaught, which has the so called 236 last, how could I possibly know that it fits me in UK size 8E? I do have a pair of Westfield in 8E, which is perfect for me.

I'm also considering a pair of Alfred Sargent Oxfords (to save quite a few bucks compared to C&J), but I'm hesitating due to endless issues with a surprisingly small size: those AS Chukkas are fully wearable but they won't come close to my C&J Westfields in terms of comfort.

CashmereLover

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads