• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Torontonians: Holt's Last Call - Ties 40% off

TurboTropic

Reaction score
All ties at the Last Call store at Vaughan Mills are 40% off the lowest price. Picked up a Richard James and an Etro tie for $39 (orig. $165) and $35 (orig. $140) respectively.

Sport jackets are 25% off and most tops are 10% off too.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the headsup.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a great Canali blazer and a Zegna tie there last week but aside from a couple of nice Charvet, the tie selection is pretty dismal imo. Mainly old stuff with lots of B (Bespoke) ties I don't like and 2 inch RL Black Label.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I bought a great Canali blazer and a Zegna tie there last week but aside from a couple of nice Charvet, the tie selection is pretty dismal imo. Mainly old stuff with lots of B (Bespoke) ties I don't like and 2 inch RL Black Label.

There were huge sales all weekend at all Holt's. Bloor had racks and racks of suits on sale. Prada, Isaia, Canali, Paul Smith, RLPL, RLBL, Armani, Zegna etc. etc.

The sales were great. It's nice to see an actual "sale" at Holts. Usally its 5% off the ticket price and twice the snobby service. LOL.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
The sales were great. It's nice to see an actual "sale" at Holts. Usally its 5% off the ticket price and twice the snobby service. LOL.

Not sure why you'd say that but I think Holts has by far the best sales. Unlike Rosen, which recycles the same old stuff year after year in their sales, Holts clears everything out twice a year. Goods are marked down 60% by the final week of the now or never sale and the last weekend is take another 20% off. If something you want is still around then, you're getting 70% off. I've seen stuff get sent to Last Call and end up priced higher than during the final markdowns of sales.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last blitz at holts is fun to look around at and snag something, Rosen's is a waste of time for the most part.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you'd say that but I think Holts has by far the best sales. Unlike Rosen, which recycles the same old stuff year after year in their sales, Holts clears everything out twice a year. Goods are marked down 60% by the final week of the now or never sale and the last weekend is take another 20% off. If something you want is still around then, you're getting 70% off. I've seen stuff get sent to Last Call and end up priced higher than during the final markdowns of sales.

+1; I picked up a sweet pair of fall tweed Canali trousers at $190 down from $400 and scouted out what might still be there on the next drop.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1 to Rosen sales sucking by comparison. They're never much more than 40-50% at the most. I see 70% at holts but Holts is more fashion oriented on the whole. They have no choice but to have those huge sales to get rid of stuff. Still, I'll take 40-50% off if i can help it. I got my brown wool/cashmere overcoat for 50% off. The cool thing about Rosen's is that if you see something you like on sale and it's not available in your size, they'll still pull it in from another store. Despite the sales, I haven't actually bought anything at holts since i stopped wearing armani.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
+1 to Rosen sales sucking by comparison. They're never much more than 40-50% at the most. I see 70% at holts but Holts is more fashion oriented on the whole. They have no choice but to have those huge sales to get rid of stuff. Still, I'll take 40-50% off if i can help it. I got my brown wool/cashmere overcoat for 50% off. The cool thing about Rosen's is that if you see something you like on sale and it's not available in your size, they'll still pull it in from another store. Despite the sales, I haven't actually bought anything at holts since i stopped wearing armani.

I don't buy suits at Holts but the Bloor Street store carries Isaia, Mainline Zegna, Canali, RLPL... so it's not just fashion-forward stuff depending on the store. I love their sales mainly for accessories like ties, socks, scarves, belts, pocket squares (and the odd pants or sportcoat); they even have some great deals on leather goods and luggage. I hate that Rosen never discounts his pocket sqaures!

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my time at Holt's I've never seen a sale this huge. The things I see on sale are sually just a small rack with $2000 jackets, marked down to $1700 that I can get for regualr price at NM or Saks for $1000. LOL. I was supposed to get "advanced notice" becasue I'm a card holder, but it never came.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sign up for the email newsletter on their website. I received an email Friday morning saying that the 50% started that day. You'll get an alert when the next round starts (60-70%). No idea what the Toronto selection is like but apart from pants, Vancouver's is pretty sad so far. No decent shirts or sweaters out yet. Nice coats and suits at half off but still more than you'd pay here on the buy/sell.

nmoraitis

Reaction score

+1 Holt's puts everything on sale. It's been like this for as long as I can remember.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to wait for the 60-70% off. I cleaned up in the tie department during their summer sales so I'm looking forward to this round.

Same with the shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads