• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

fratstar

Reaction score
Denim Question:

1. Any differences between the APC New Standard and the Skull 5010xx (6x6) raw? I've compared them side-by-side and seems like the measurements are very similar.

2. Are the Skulls sanfordized (no shrink)?

3. I have a 28 in APC NS (worn a belt for 3 months) and the waist fit is solid. Would the Skull size 30 be good?

I'm too far away from BiG or SelfEdge to go try them on myself.

THANKS!!!

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there anywhere to buy a Tanner belt online? Google search proved futile.

chiral

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for boots similar to the Red Wing Gentleman Travelers? I absolutely love them, but the biggest size I can find is a 12, and I wear a 14 US. I also saw these, http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/28439986/c/3.html, but they're really not the same.

Any suggestions for places to look, and thoughts on the boots above?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden Indy Boots come in a 14.

405.jpg

http://www.aldenshop.com/DrawOneShoe.asp?CategoryID=109

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

omgitsfox

Reaction score
Hi all, I started wearing my 5epxSF's on Friday and I think they're great so far. I love the fit everywhere, but the waist is about 1/2-1inch too big on me and I was wondering what I should do to shrink it down just a little bit, because I don't want the waist to be really tight. Any suggestions? Hot soak? If so, how long should I soak/ what temperature should I soak at to shrink them? Thank you for all of your help in advance.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
you could do a hot soak...but, you'll lose the starch...or you could do a cold soak and and bake them in the dryer (inside-out, of course)...

there are pro's and cons to all methods...but, here's the biggest con for you...no matter what you do, i don't think that waist is gonna shrink too much or for very long...

i say learn to live with using a belt...especially since you love the fit everywhere else

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if Steven Alan shirts fit differently? I know they have a reverse seam and non reverse seam. Wondering if one fits slimmer then the other. I remember I was in nyc and i tried one on and it seem to pull on the chest when I button up to the second from the top. Any help be great as I would like to order from a sight and not sure if there is a difference. Thank you.

Mbogo

Reaction score
What does the "break" refer to in regard to pants fit/measurements?

Thanks!

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads