• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: C&J Handgrades (Whitehall), 9/9.5 US

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MAKE ME AN OFFER! Due to financial constraints (and the fact that I just don't ever wear these), I'm going to be selling my C&J Whitehalls. I've worn them 5 or less times...the uppers are absolutely pristine, the soles have minimal wear. I have polished them frequently and they have been in shoe trees all their life. Color is chestnut I guess. The Whitehall is a standard captoe balmoral; truly an essential shoe. Pics won't be up 'till Friday evening (away for the holidays). I don't know about the price yet, that will be posted with the pics I imagine. If you're interested, hit me up with a PM and I'll make a list of potential buyers in the order in which I'm contacted.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
they should be sold for $585 shipped. world-famous Conne and his sidekick stanky roommate wore them.
crackup[1].gif
I didn't bring these to college, don't worry. No roommate smells included!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here are the pics. I'm pricing these at $300 shipped in the CONUS (I will ship int'l, it will just cost a little bit extra). When you consider the exchange rate, this is a lot cheaper than what they're asking in Northampton! As evident, they were polished often. I will also include an autographed photo, a $100 value FREE with the purchase of these Handgrades.
forsale6813634491bg8.jpg
forsale6813634501zy6.jpg
forsale6813634511ld6.jpg
forsale6813634521fp7.jpg
forsale6813634531as2.jpg
forsale6813634541ze1.jpg

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really need to move these. If you're interested, PM me with an offer.

I'll throw in some free ties. A Ricci, some other ones. All are of good quality.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara

forsale6813634521fp7.jpg

Very nice shoes, Conne. What does the "25" written in ink refer to in the above sole picture?

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
his sole was part of his 'crib cheat sheet' for a physics class of his once.
smile.gif

incorrect. It's well known among well-turned-out tricks that the number you write on the sole of your shoe is your "going rate". When the gentleman in the stall next to his taps, Conne taps back, and flashes his sole. The gentleman caller then slips a Jackson and Lincoln under the divider and Conne unlatches the door.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
incorrect. It's well known among well-turned-out tricks that the number you write on the sole of your shoe is your "going rate". When the gentleman in the stall next to his taps, Conne taps back, and flashes his sole. The gentleman caller then slips a Jackson and Lincoln under the divider and Conne unlatches the door.

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

I knew someone here would know what it is.

We still need confirmation from edmorel though.

BTW: Senator Larry Craig had "40" written on the soles of his shoes! Don't feel bad though Conne, he's a US Senator, and you're still a student.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
BTW: Senator Larry Craig had "40" written on the soles of his shoes! Don't feel bad though Conne, he's a US Senator, and you're still a student.

well, considering that Sen. Craig was allegedly the solicitor of certain unsavory services, it would be highly irregular for him to have had a number on his shoe, unless he were trying to get bargain by offering a low-ball counter-offer to a "fifty footed" fella. Fuckin cheapskate.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
I knew someone here would know what it is. We still need confirmation from edmorel though. BTW: Senator Larry Craig had "40" written on the soles of his shoes! Don't feel bad though Conne, he's a US Senator, and you're still a student.

LOL. The numbers are used by retailers for inventory purposes.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't handgrades supposed to have channeled soles and full-length insoles?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Aren't handgrades supposed to have channeled soles and full-length insoles?
I'm not sure. These are Handgrades, though.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I'm not sure. These are Handgrades, though.

I'm not convinced that these are handgrades either. They do say "handcrafted" on the shoe, but that doesn't really mean much. They are made for Barneys, who likely provides its own standards for C&J that falls somewhere between benchgrade and handgrade. These shoes are missing some of the hallmarks of C&J handgrades, like full leather linings and close channeled soles, as was mentioned earlier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads