• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seiko Opinions Daily Beater Watch

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
rambo, i believe he will bite that. good luck with the ship and the watch. hope it is really worth it. i mean,i have a couple of seikos and they are all winners, just hope this one from singapore is worth it i meant. if it works out, i may get one for myself as well.
Well he turned me down. I meant $50 for the watch and shipping (a bid of $28 on the watch). I'm trying again a bit higher now.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
whacked, would you have any idea why this seller

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEBI:IT&ih=017

pokemonyu

does not have any bids for his military seikos while the others all go up to 60 dollars or so?

i put a bid on his military seiko, that is awesome if it stays so cheap, but concerned if there is something i should know about this seller that i am not aware of.

kali77

Reaction score

pokemonyu

does not have any bids for his military seikos while the others all go up to 60 dollars or so?

i put a bid on his military seiko, that is awesome if it stays so cheap, but concerned if there is something i should know about this seller that i am not aware of.

The only thing I can see is that the shipping is $28

On a side note thank you all for the great ideas. I am leaning towards the Archimede Pilot
smile.gif

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

pokemonyu

most likely I think it is because he calls it an Aviator rather than Military

SanDiegoFan

Reaction score

pokemonyu

I ordered a watch from that seller, and it took a little over a month to get to me, caveat emptor.

SDF

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seiko's Monster (orange, black, or white dials) can be found for less than $175.
You have to pay at least $1000 to find autos that are this good. Do a search for better prices. I have 3 and they can really take a beating on land or in the water.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEIKO-SKX779K1-S...QQcmdZViewItem

SKX781.jpg

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
guys , i got delivery of my seiko military watch in green today. wow, what a lovely , neat little watch.
definitely worth the money . thanks whacked! this is amazing.

rambo, did you get yours yet? you will love it trust me!

i will post photos later

Picture-2.jpg

very pretty in person.

SD fan , sorry to hear it took so long. i bought this from pokemonu as well and it was delivered within a week. perhaps he changed up his shipping procedures.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind, how much did you end up paying (including S&H)?

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks.
for the seiko, is it safe to buy from the singapore sellers?

Pokemonyu and Premierworld on ebay are all reputable Singapore sellers. From my understanding, the seiko 5s that they sell can be had for good prices as they are assembled in either Singapore or Malaysia. The movements are pretty decent and good value and tend to run for 8-15 years but are usually not worth the time, effort and money to service. Accuracy is usually in the range of -45/+45 secs a day out of the box but can be regulated to about +/-5s. I second Mr Monty's recommendations, for the money, Seiko monsters are great value.

Actually, you guys have it good. Even though I reside in Singapore, the seller charges me the same shipping and handling of $28 and on top of that, I am further subjected to a goods and services tax of 7% of the total bill. This still represented a savings of at least 15% from physical stores here.

If it takes a little over a month to get it, something is definitely not right. I would not hesistate to contact the seller after 10 days if I did not receive it by then. For $28, I would expect delivery for a watch in under 10 days anywhere in the world.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Finally!
smile.gif
Great watch, brother. I'm really liking those.

SanDiegoFan

Reaction score
SD fan , sorry to hear it took so long. i bought this from pokemonu as well and it was delivered within a week. perhaps he changed up his shipping procedures.

No worries, I eventually received it. It's good to see that you got yours expeditiously.

SDF

b00staholic

Reaction score
Shoe,

What does "VIE" as the date mean? Is that Spanish for Friday (Viernes)?

Are the rest of the days of the week shown in English?

bcate3

Reaction score
Like that watch, shoe. I have a black dial one which came with a black canvas band. After the band started getting that well-worn funky smell, i swapped it out with the tan hadley-roma leather band. It's a versatile watch that easily dresses up or down. The only downside to it is that it runs fast which i gather from upnorth's comments is not uncommon with this model. otherwise it's an excellent, stylish watch that receives its share of compliments. enjoy yours.

bcate3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by b00staholic
Shoe,

What does "VIE" as the date mean? Is that Spanish for Friday (Viernes)?

Are the rest of the days of the week shown in English?

yeah, its a bi. it will first display the day in english then at some point it'll switch to spanish.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads